~1~

A ear piercing scream echoed round the Adeleke's family home making Ewa roll her eyes in frustration.

"Dabi!." She yelled making sure Dabi could hear her from her room upstairs, "Do you think you can tone it down a bit?."

Dabi didn't waste time leaving her room and rushing down the stairs so quickly that Ewa feared she might trip and hit her head somewhere.

"Semilore Adepero replied my comment." She told her elder sister excitedly.

Ewa almost rolled her eyes, she knew very well why Semilore replied her comment and it was because they were sisters, it wasn't a hidden fact that Ewaoluwa Adeleke and Semilore Adepero were friends, they didn't have a choice as they were in the same industry, they were both models who had both made marks in their own way.

"That's nice but you don't need to scream the house down, okay?." She said in the sweetest voice she could muster.

Dabi rolled her eyes before sitting on the sofa opposite her and resumed texting her friends, before she got the Instagram notification, she was talking to her close friends on their group chat and they were all excited for prom, they all just graduated a week ago and their prom night was only a few days away.

Dabi was a little down though, the guy she had been crushing on for a while now hadn't asked her for prom yet, a couple other boys had asked her though but she didn't think she was interested, she decided that if he didn't ask her, she'll just go with some of her single close friends who already planned on going together.

She didn't even have a dress yet, she didn't have shoes she planned to wear, she hadn't decided on how her nails and hair were going to be, she was a total mess. The only thing keeping her going was the fact that her birthday was on that same day, her 18th birthday and she was supposed to get a reply from Nile University, one of the Universities, she had applied to in Abuja, to know if she got in or not and she was super nervous, her parents had wanted her to study Law abroad, in Canada to be precise, but she chose to study Law in Nigeria, Abuja to be precise, she had also applied to other Universities but Nile University was the only University she was actually interested in.

Her phone ringtone went off earning back her attention and her heart started to beat wildly in her chest when she saw the caller ID, Anthony, the guy she had been crushing on for weeks. It was not like they weren't friends, they spoke really well at school but not up to the point to call unless it was for something really important.

"Can you please answer your phone?, it's disturbing." Ewa looked up from her own phone, as nice as she was, she never hesitated when voicing out her thoughts.

Dabi stood up and headed outside and sat down on one of the garden chairs before taking a deep breath, she swiped the receive button before pressing the phone to her ear.

"Hey, I was beginning to think you weren't going to answer." She heard his deep voice from the other side.

"Sorry, I was busy with something." She lied.

"It's fine, I was calling to ask you something."

"I'm listening."

"Do you have a date for Prom already?."

Dabi didn't reply for a long time, she stayed still trying to process what she just heard, if her heart was beating wildly before, then she couldn't explain how it was right now.

"I'm sorry, It's stupid of me to ask you this late anyway, I'm sure you already have a date." Anthony said quickly when she didn't reply after sometime, he cursed himself silently for wasting so much time, he just didn't know how to, they were friends but he didn't know if she had any interest in him, and he certainly hated being turned down, every guy did.

"No, I zoned out, and to answer your question, no, I don't have a date."

Anthony threw a fist bump in the air silently, he knew he was extremely lucky because with less than a week left to Prom, almost everyone already had a date.

"I was just thinking then, if you will like to go to Prom with me?."

She was silent for sometime again and he was hoping that she just zoned out again and wasn't looking for a nice way to say 'no'.

"I would love to." She tried to keep her composure, atleast till she hung up.

"Great, I'll pick you up on Friday night, 6pm?."

"Sure, you already have my address." She replied since he had come to her house a few times.

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye." She hung up, she waited a few minutes before she stood up and started jumping for joy. Now she could start looking for a nice Prom dress, she was so excited.

Anthony had a lot of things on his mind now, he had to get her a birthday gift, he mentally facepalmed himself as he realized that he forgot to ask her the color of dress she was wearing and he didn't want to call her back, he decided he'd have to figure that out later.

Dabi picked up her phone and began typing on the group chat.

You girls won't believe what just happened!!!!!!
5:29pm

Emma: Spill!
5:30pm

Lola: What??????
5:30pm

Freeda: You know I like gist😭, please just talk!!!!
5:31pm

Elsie: I hate suspense, please talk!
5:32pm

Dabi smiled as she began to reply to their texts.

Anthony asked me to Prom.
5:34pm

Emma: Are you fucking serious right now?????
5:34pm

Lola: *Screams in excitement*
5:35pm

Freeda: I really hope you said yes!!!!!
5:35pm

Elsie: Girl, if you didn't say yes, I'm hunting you down in your dreams.
5:35pm

Of course I said yes, what do you guys expect?, I'm so excited. I can't wait for Saturday.
5:36pm

She didn't wait for their reply before going offline and placing her phone on the space in the chair next to her.

At last, one of her dreams came true.

°°°°°°

Hey guys, I really hope y'all enjoy this new book❤️

This is also my first time writing in third person and in past tense and I really want to know what you guys think.

This book is already completed in my drafts so expect an update on Mondays and Fridays.

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️