~13~

Fiona stood in front of her boss's door trying to get herself together, she had practiced what she was going to say to him all day in the bathroom but now that she was here, she wasn't sure of what to say anymore.

Her boss, Mr Kazeem, a handsome young man of 30 had taken a keen interest in her since he took over from his father about four months ago, he found her beautiful, smart and hardworking and he wanted her, he expressed his feelings towards her which she politely turned down saying she couldn't date him because she had a boyfriend but Mr Kazeem wouldn't take 'no' for an answer and has been plotting ways to get her by asking her out on numerous dates and buying her gifts.

Every single person in the company knew Mr Kazeem wanted Fiona since he set his eyes on her and some women even envied her, she already had a rich, hot boyfriend who loved and adored her then Mr Kazeem, another rich 'hot cake' was also showing an interest in her and she was refusing to give him any attention.

Anyways, Fiona knew if she told Mr Kazeem she wanted a leave because of her boyfriend's parents anniversary, he wouldn't grant her one so she decided to lie instead, she knocked on his door and heard a familiar 'come in' before stepping into his office.

Mr Ayo Kazeem's face lit up in a smile when he saw Fiona, seeing her in his office had simply made his day.

"Wow, to what do I owe this pleasant visitation?, I didn't send for you, did I?." He smiled warmly.

"You didn't, sir, I needed to ask you something."

"Cut the formalities, Fiona, I've told you, call me Ayo, and please sit down." He gestures to one of the plush chairs in front of him.

"Okay, I just needed to ask you something." She sat, "I need a leave."

Ayo leaned back in his seat, listening carefully to her, "For what purpose?."

"Erm, my aunt died, my mum's elder sister, her burial has been scheduled for next week and it's not going to be in Lagos." She said knowing very well that her mum was the first born of her family.

"Oh, where is it taking place?."

"Abuja."

"How long?."

"Just a week."

"I can come with you, you know, you'll need company."

"Actually, I don't think I do, I have three brothers, and a boyfriend, I think I have enough company." She said as politely as she could, Ayo was a really nice man and if not that she was already insanely in love with Lase, she knew she could have given him a chance but it was too late, her heart forever belonged to someone else, she however didn't like the fact that he was always asking her out and constantly reminding her that he liked her a lot, he knew she was in a committed relationship but was still not giving up.

"Oh, you two are still together?, I thought you guys broke up sometime ago."

"Nope, two years and counting."

Ayo stood up from his chair and walked around the table to her, he then leaned on the area of the table just in front of her so that when she looked up, she was directly looking at him.

"Fiona, it's been four months now, why wouldn't you give in?." He said cautiously, he was careful about touching her, he knew what happened the last time he had pinned her to the wall and tried to kiss her. She slapped him. Hard, and he couldn't do anything about it because he loved her too much and he knew he deserved it.

"Ayo, can we not do this please?, you always find a way to make every discussion about us, it's never going to happen, okay?, So are you granting me the leave or not?."