~10~

Ewa woke up the next morning with a pounding headache, she noticed her surroundings and knew immediately that she wasn't in her room, she tried to remember the events of last night, she remembered collecting some water from the mystery guy and she knew she drank it.

She looked down and noticed she wasn't wearing her short black dress which left very little to the imagination and instead, she was now clothed in a dress shirt, it stopped mid-thighs when she stood up from the comfortable bed and smelled strongly of male cologne. She carefully made her way downstairs and found the kitchen which wasn't hard because pancakes were being prepared and they smelled so nice, she came to face Seyi whose back was to her, he was the one cooking.

Seyi felt someone watching him and he knew immediately that Ewa had woken up. "Hey." He turned around.

"Hi." She replied quietly.

"How do you feel?, I thought you'd be passed out for much longer."

"A little headache, but I'm fine, you were the one who saved me yesterday at the club?." She asked, she knew someone had come to her help but she didn't just know who.

"Yes."

"Thank you, it really means a lot that you saved me."

"Don't mention, it was nothing." He gave her a friendly smile. Her heart immediately warmed with gratitude, this man who she had been so cold too and he saved her without even batting an eyelid.

She looked down at his shirt she was now putting on. "You changed me." She said.

"Oh, no, my housekeeper did, you have nothing to worry about though, she's a 45 year old woman."

"Oh." Was all Ewa could reply with.

"You must be hungry, go sit in the dining room, I'll bring some pancakes for you when they are done." He said and she obeyed immediately, she was starving, she didn't wait longer than ten minutes before a plate of pancakes soaked in maple syrup was sitting in front of her.

"Thank you." She said picking up her fork and taking a bite, it tasted heavenly.

"Did you come to the club alone yesterday?."

"No, I was there with my best friend."

"So, why didn't she come look for you or something when you had been gone for so long?."

"She was there with her fianceè, they were...busy."  Seyi nodded in understanding.

Ewa finished eating in quick bites and took the plate to the kitchen herself against Seyi's protests and even washed it, when she sat back down opposite Seyi at the table, he stared at her for sometime before throwing his head back in a low laughter, she thought he looked cute while laughing.

"What's so funny?."

"I was just thinking, you know, of how cold you've been towards me the two times we've met and now you're sitting right in front of me, God has a reason for everything now, doesn't he?."

She didn't reply instead looking anywhere but him, embarrassed, he was right, he was the one who saved her and now they were in his house alone and she knew she had to speak to him before she could leave.

"Don't you think you owe me something?."

Ewa rolled her eyes playfully. "Like?."

"I don't know, your number?." He held out his phone to her, she collected it and typed in her number before saving it and giving him his phone back.

"I would have called you to make sure you gave me the right number but you're not with your phone, I really hope it's not back at the club."

"It's not, it's in Rayo's purse."

She noticed the look of confusion on his face.

"My best friend." She added quickly.

"Well, you can call her on mine then, if you know her number by heart to tell her to come pick you up, or I could drop you off whenever you want."

"Thanks but I think I'll call Rayo." She said, she knew he had done enough for her, besides she needed a change of clothes and she needed Rayo for that.

She collected the phone gratefully before walking away from him and dialling her best friend's number, she knew knowing her number by heart would come in handy one day and she didn't want to call her parents or siblings, those were the only numbers she knew aside Rayo's. When she picked up on the second ring, she let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey."

"Ewa?." She practically screamed into the phone, "Where the hell have you been?, I've been looking all over for you, I'm currently on my way to the club to ask to see their CCTV footage from last night."

"I'm fine, it's a long story, but I'm fine, can you please come pick me up?, I'll tell you every thing when you get here I promise."

"Okay, I'm sorry for not noticing you were gone, I woke up this morning with IK by my side and a bad hangover after getting drunk last night, I saw your phone in my purse then I called Dabi to ask her if you were home and she said you weren't and I got so scared, you know you're a celebrity now, anybody can want to kidnap you."

She laughed. "I'm fine, Rayo, just come with a change of clothes, please."

"Okay, where exactly are you?."

"I don't know, I'll give Seyi the phone to tell you his address."

"Who the hell is Seyi and why are you in his house?."

"Like I said, I'll explain later." She started walking back towards Seyi who had been waiting patiently for her, she sat down beside him, "Can you please tell Rayo where we are and how to get here?."

He nodded collecting the phone from her before telling her friend that they were in VGC and giving her his home address and directions.

When he gave her back the phone Rayo almost made her deaf. "VGC?, What are you doing there, that's like a two hours drive from where I am right now and I need to go back home to get clothes for you, don't sha expect me anytime soon."

"Sorry, thank you, I love you iye." She tried to pacify her.

"I love you too, babes, see you soon." She hung up.

"So, since you're going to be here for the next few hours, we might as well talk, get to know each other." Seyi suggested.

"Okay, you go first."

°°°°°°
I love their friendship ❤️

Don't forget to vote and comment!