~7~

Tiara and Desmond met in college. They both schooled in Toronto, Canada. Tiara was a college sophomore while he was a junior. They had a mutual friend who threw a birthday party and they both went for it.

When Tiara first met Desmond, she found him cute but she was hesitant at first to speak to him. Their mutual friend, Sierra had introduced Desmond to Tiara as her best friend and that was a red flag to her.

She had vowed never to have anything to do with a guy who had a girl best friend no matter how cute he was. She felt guys who had girl best friends weren't reliable. Who knows?, the girl best friend could be code for friends with benefits.

Well, Desmond fell in love with Tiara at first sight. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever met and he knew he had to get her number but Tiara didn't give him any attention. When he tried to get it from Sierra, Sierra told him she couldn't give him cause she knew Tiara would get angry. They were best friends but she still needed to respect people's decisions.

That night ended without Desmond getting an opportunity to talk to her. Tiara never met him again. One of the reasons may include the fact that they were in different majors.

Another reason was that Sierra, their mutual friend stopped schooling there. Her mum died so she had to go back to Ghana where she came from. Tiara tried to keep in touch but it was hard. Her and Sierra were never even that close from the start, they just spoke to each other occasionally because their rooms were opposite each other and they had a few classes together, they soon lost contacts after about a year.

Sierra was like a sister to Desmond who flew back to Ghana with her and stayed for her mum's burial making sure she had a friendly shoulder to cry on before going back to Toronto after a few weeks.

Fast forward to three years later, Desmond and Sierra are still best friends and none of them have never for once thought of the other as anything more than a friend. They saw themselves as siblings even.

Desmond and Sierra were having a drink in a bar one evening in Lagos, Nigeria. Desmond had graduated from his college in Toronto while Sierra had graduated from hers in Ghana and they both decided to move down to Lagos. Desmond parents lived there in Lagos while Sierra's still lived in Ghana.

Sierra was on her way to the restroom when she saw someone who looked so familiar. She recognized that pretty, brown face and long jet black hair anywhere.

"Tiara?." She called.

Tiara turned around on hearing her name. She was just asking for paper towels at the counter cause she spilled some of her drink on the hem of her dress.

An audible gasp could be heard from Tiara as she saw the person who called her name. "Sierra?. My God."

They hugged each other.

"It's been almost four years since I last saw you." Sierra said, "Look at you, you look so beautiful."

"Thank you, you look gorgeous too, Sierra."

"Are you here alone?."

"Yes, You?."

"No, I'm here with a friend. Desmond. You should know him." Sierra said knowing Desmond would love to meet her since he hadn't stopped asking about her since they last met four years ago.

Sierra took Tiara's hand in his and they made their way over to the table where Sierra was sitting with Desmond earlier. Desmond looked up on hearing footsteps.

"That took you so long, what-" He trailed off when he saw Tiara standing beside his best friend.

He had dreamt of this day, literally. One would think that after four years, he would have forgotten about her but that wasn't the case. He had asked Sierra about her severally and she told him she lost contact with her years ago. He had hoped to bump into her while still in college but it seemed like she disappeared from the face of the earth cause she was nowhere to be found.

He knew the heavens had a hand in this because seeing her standing here before him after four years had to be God's engineering.

She was still as beautiful as he remembered with her caramel skin that literally glowed. He had to get her number this time, he wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Hey, Tiara, it feels like forever since I last saw you." He stood up smiling holding out his hand.

"Well, forever seems like such a long time, Desmond, it's just been four years." She placed her hand in his. It was the first form of contact they've made in four years and she felt that connection.

Desmond looked down at their intertwined hands. Her hand fit perfectly in his, he looked down at her ring finger and almost let out a sigh of relief when he saw that it was empty.

Desmond was just 23 and Tiara, 22. Tiara had dated a few times but none of the guys were the one.

Meeting Desmond now, Tiara knew she had to make an exception, I mean he was still as cute as ever and him and Sierra were still just friends, if anything was to happen between them, won't it have happened by now?, She thought.

And that did it.

Tiara exchanged numbers with Desmond and they hit it off from there.

They started dating a few months after.

Two years later, Desmond proposed to her and she said yes.

They got married a year later.

That was how Miss Tiara Adeleke became Mrs Tiara Elliot.

°°°°°°
I love them and I can't wait for you guys to get to know more about them ❤️