~12~

Fiona sat at the dresser combing through her long weavon.

Her boyfriend walked in with her phone and dropped it on the dresser, he had been watching a football match downstairs and her phone had been ringing on the centre table in front of him, when he saw it was her mum, he knew he had to give her the phone.

"Your mum called." He said placing the phone on the dresser, he was just in time as her mum was calling again just at that moment.

Fiona sighed and picked up the phone before swiping the green button. Lase stepped out to the balcony to give them some privacy.

"Mummy, Ụtụtụ ọma (Good Morning)."

"Ada m (My Ada), how are you?."

"I'm fine, What about you?."

"Adị m mma, nwa m (I'm okay, my child), I just wanted to check on you, it's been a while since I heard your voice."

"Oh."

"How is Lase?."

"He's fine, I'm at his house right now." She said because it was afternoon and she knew her mum won't ask anymore questions.

"Tell him I sent my greetings, you should bring him over for lunch one of these days."

"Okay, mummy, soon."

"Good, make sure you call your brothers when you have the time."

"I will."

"Bye, be safe, a hụrụ m gị n'anya (I love you)."

"I love you too, mum." She said before hanging up.

She stood up from the dresser and walked outside to join her boyfriend on the balcony.

"Is everything okay?." Lase asked sensing her presence.

"Yeah, she just called to check on me, she sends her greetings." She excluded the part where her mum asked them to come over for lunch.

"I need to call her one of these days." He said.

A comfortable silence settles between them.

"I've been meaning to ask you something, I keep forgetting." Lase broke the silence.

"Oh, what?."

"Is it possible for you to get a week's leave from work."

"Probably. Why?."

"It's my parents anniversary soon."

"Oh, yeah, I knew that, you said they are throwing a party."

"Yeah, that's why you need a week's leave."

"I don't understand, isn't the party just going to be for a day?." She asked confused.

"No, actually, it's my parents 30th year anniversary so they are having the party in Abuja because they want their family and friends to be able to come and most of them stay in Abuja."

"Oh, I'll ask my boss tomorrow then."

"Well, you know you won't have had to ask anyone if you had just come to work for me like I've been telling you."

"Ugh, not this again, bae, you know how weird that would be naw."

"How?."

Fiona sighed. "Forget it. I'll ask my boss tomorrow." She closed the discussion.

******

"What movie do you want to watch?." Dabi asked her guest, Anthony, he had come over to visit and they had decided to watch a movie together, Dabi was letting Anthony pick the movie since he was the guest. They had gotten closer since Prom and Anthony was waiting for the perfect opportunity to take their relationship to the next level.

"Anything nice."

She scrolled through the Netflix movies before settling on one that she had heard about but hadn't gotten the time to watch it yet, she then joined Anthony on the couch, a while later, her phone beeped and she picked it up expecting to see a text from Emma or one of the other girls but she saw a text from Ray. It's been almost a week since she left him on read and he hadn't texted her since then so she was a little surprised.
It was a simple text though:

Hey.
                                                           1:10pm
Dabi immediately felt bad for ignoring him like that, he just wanted to be friends, right?, And even though she wanted to start over, once chance won't hurt.

Hi.
                                                           1:11pm
Wow. I wasn't expecting a reply from you, you know, after leaving me on 'r' last time.
                                                           1:12pm
I've been told that surprising people is something I do best.
                                                           1:13pm
Good to know.
                                                           1:14pm
She paused for a while trying to think of something to say to him but she didn't have to think for long because he sent her another message immediately after.

Hey, there's this fest for teens on Saturday, can you come?.
                                                           1:16pm
LOL, we only just met, Ray.
                                                           1:17pm
That's the more reason you should come, you know, we can get to know each other better in person.
                                                           1:18pm
Dabi bit her lip thinking hard, she had no problem with going, her mum would let her and Ewa could drop her off or something, the problem was, she wasn't really ready to go out with a stranger, a guy she knew next to nothing about.

"Hey, you okay?, You're missing the whole movie." Anthony said bringing her attention back to him.

"Yeah, sorry."

"Is that one of the girls?." He asked about the person she had been texting.

"Oh, yeah." She said quickly, she didn't want to have to explain herself to him, she knew he would possibly get mad, nobody from her school liked Christville Students and her going out with one of them would not end well.

"Okay, that's enough." Anthony placed his hand over hers stopping her from seeing the phone screen, "I'll take that." He took the phone from her hand and placed it on the table, he then placed his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him, Dabi sighed contently.

Her parents were having dinner with a family friend and won't be back till midnight and Dabi could care less about Ewa because she knew she won't complain on seeing her position with Anthony.

She sniffed in his cologne enjoying the smell, she never wanted the moment to end.

°°°°°°
Don't forget to vote and comment guys❤️