~9~

Ewa took another gulp of the Martini she poured in her cup earlier, she was here with Rayo and IK and she watched as they ate their faces right in front of her.

The music in the club was blaring loudly and she was beginning to have a headache, she loved her friend and her fianceè but third wheeling wasn't something she loved doing. A lot of guys had come to ask her for a dance but she refused, she had even forgotten why exactly she came, her dad had warned her about clubbing, he said it could ruin her reputation and it would make her look irresponsible, but Ewa didn't mind, she was a big girl and she could take care of herself.

She stood up heading to the dance floor, she danced by herself for a few minutes before feeling a presence behind her, when she turned she was face to face with Seyi.

"You again." She said.

"Yeah, me." He gave her a warm smile but she wasn't having it, "You dance really well."

"I know."

"Are you here alone?."

"None of your business, Seyi." She shook her head but he didn't seem fazed by her coldness.

She didn't wait for him to reply before walking to the bar, leaving him alone on the dance floor, she sat down and held her face in her hands.

Her throat was parched and she needed something to drink.

"Hey, beautiful." A voice said beside her making her shoot her head up, "Ewa, right?. I finally meet you in person."

The man standing beside her was cute, she had to admit, but wasn't just her type.

"So, what do you want?."

"To talk, you know, be friends."

"Please leave." She rolled her eyes.

"Here, have a drink, it's just water." He thrusted a cup into her hand. She didn't waste a second before downing the glass and slamming it back on the counter.

Big mistake.

She knew she shouldn't have done that.

She never accepted drinks from people in the club and she just did.

She just hoped to God that there was nothing in that liquid.

Wrong.

She could feel it kicking in already and she rubbed her temples, she was getting tired fast and her eyelids were fluttering.

"You put something in that, didn't you?." She asked even though she already knew the answer.

"Impressive, I love pretty girls who think for themselves." He gave her a wicked smile.

She didn't know when the tears began falling, she knew she was helpless, she could barely move her hands now, she wasn't a virgin, she had slept with a good number of guys before but she had never been raped and she never dreamt of that ever happening in her lifetime, many thoughts were running through her mind, what if he killed her after?, Or took pictures and videos and used them to blackmail her or he posted them on the internet?, what if she gets pregnant or has an STD?, her whole world was shattering around her.

Suddenly she felt two hands on her shoulders, a figure was standing in front of her.

Seyi had seen the guy slip something in the liquid and he had also seen her drink it, for a girl as pretty as that, she was quite dumb, didn't she know anything about clubbing?, She should know better than to accept drinks from strangers, especially guys. He watched as she asked him something and he replies with a smile that showed satisfaction spreading on his face.

He didn't waste time walking over to the bar and punching the guy in the guts, the guy was caught off guard of course and fell to the ground, writhing in pain, nobody noticed or maybe they did but were too drunk to say anything.

He placed his hands on her shoulders and called her name. "Ewa." He said.

She made a small sound in return so he knew she could still hear him but couldn't talk, he guessed she had come alone cause if she hadn't, whoever she came here with would have started looking for her. He scooped her up in his arms bridal style, she was as light as she looked, he made his way through the sweaty, drunk bodies on the dance floor till he got to the door. One of the bouncers at the door gave him a weird look while the other rushed to him, they were friends.

"What happened?." The guy asked.

"Long story, but a guy slipped something in her drink and she's unconscious."

"Woah, where's the guy now?."

"His body is on the floor by the bar, he's unconscious too." He explained.

"I'll call someone to clean him up."

"Thanks, man."

"Anytime, bro, just call me when you get home."

"Sure, thing." Seyi smiled before walking to his car, it took him a lot of time to get out his car keys and open the door, he finally did and laid her in the back seat before climbing in the driver's seat and driving straight home.

°°°°°°
Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️