~11~

"So, what made you go into modelling?. Have you always wanted to do that since you were young?." Was the first question Seyi asked her.

"No, I never thought of modelling while growing up, but about a year ago after I clocked about 15k followers on Instagram, this particular agency messaged me and told me they wanted me to join their modelling team, I didn't really think much about it until I told Rayo and when we looked up the agency together, we found out that they were the agents for a lot of popular models who we knew so I decided to go for it and it's been up from there." She explained carefully.

"You're pretty well for someone who just started a year ago."

"Thanks."

"But what did you study in the University?."

"Law, but even if I didn't get this modelling contract, I don't think I would have started practicing yet, I don't think I'm ready to start working professionally."

"Wow, you have a degree in Law and you're into modelling?, You're a pretty successful woman if you ask me."

"Thanks, what do you do for a living?."

"I'm into real estate, I deal with landed properties, I own a lot of them both in Lagos and outside of Lagos."

"And you live here alone?." She looked around the big house.

He nodded. "My mum comes to check on me every time though, maybe because I'm the only child."

Her eyes widened. "You're the only child?, yet your mum let you live alone?, If my brother was the only child, I'm so sure he would be living with us right now?."

"You live with your parents?, Why?."

"My mum believes a woman is supposed to live with her parents till she gets married, I don't really mind though, it's not like she monitors my movement or talks about my dressing anyway."

"So you guys are only two then?."

"Three, I have a younger sister, Dabi, she's 18. Lase has a twin, her name is Tiara."

A comfortable silence settled between them and Ewa finally found the courage to ask Seyi the question that's been on her mind.

"Why didn't you sleep with me?."

He looked taken aback for a second before replying. "What do you mean?."

"I know you've been trying to talk to me in order to get into my pants and you finally had an opportunity, you had me in your bed, why didn't you take advantage of me?."

"Ewa, I've been trying to talk to you because I want us to be friends."

"Friends with benefits?." She raised an eyebrow.

"No, just friends, no strings attached."

"So you're not going to ask for anything more, like a relationship?."

"I don't know yet, probably, I like you already, you know, even without knowing much about you."

"Well, just so you know, I don't do relationships." She made it clear.

He cocked his head to one side observing her. "So you've never had a boyfriend?."

"I haven't...well, I had one in Secondary School but it didn't even last up to two months so it hardly counts."

"What about the University?."

"Nope, I've been single for like 8 years now."

"It's hard to believe you never dated anyone in the University."