~3~

Dabi struggled with the zipper of the flowing blue dress she had picked from the rack, before she slipped it on, she had known it wasn't the one, but the reason she still put it on was oblivious to her. She stepped out of the changing room and showed Ewa who shook her head quickly, she stepped back into the changing room and stared at the last dress hanging, she loved the color.

It was a royal blue, off the shoulder, long-sleeeved dress that hugged her body to the knees where it flared out, sweeping the floor around her, it also had a triangular sequined design which extended downwards, the bust area was also lined with sequined designs which extended down to the sleeves.

Dabi walked out of the changing room and Ewa looked up from her phone, she tilted her head examining the dress.

"Turn around." She ordered, her pointer finger moving in a circular motion.

Dabi moved slowly and when she turned back to face Ewa, she had a wide smile on her face.

"This is definitely the one." She said, "We're getting it."

******

"Rayo, you are buying things you don't need. That's just wasting money." Ewa lectured her friend as she removed some items from the shopping trolley Rayo was with.

"These are all stuff I need." Rayo argued.

"Seriously." Ewa held up a bottle of mentholated powder, "You don't even use this kind of powder, it gives you rashes."

The truth was Rayo wasn't concentrating, she was just throwing anything she saw into the trolley, she was deep in thought.

"Care to share what's up with you?." Ewa folded her arms across her chest.

She sighed. "I'm scared." She admitted.

"Of?." Ewa and Rayo had been best friends for years now and Ewa had always known Rayo as a fearless woman who didn't allow anyone control how she felt or what she wanted. She was strong-willed and once she put her mind to something, nothing could stop her, Ewa envied her a little, she was strong-willed too but not as much as Rayo, she tended to give up in some situations.

"I think IK is cheating on me." She confessed, her voice barely above a whisper like she didn't want anyone but Ewa to hear her, they were alone in that section of the mall so Ewa knew that Rayo was just scared of admitting it out loud.

"And what makes you say that?."

"You know we're practically living together?, So I know where he is almost everytime, but for a while now, I don't anymore, he keeps late nights and when he comes home, he tells me he had to work, he smells like female perfume, he has been acting so nervous around me like he's hiding something, then I called him one day while he was still at work to ask him what he wanted for dinner and I heard a woman's voice in the background, which is definitely not his secretary." By now, she was already sobbing.

"And you've never asked him about all of this?." Ewa asked, this was unlike her best friend.

"I'm scared, Ewa, I'm scared to find out the truth, what if he's actually cheating on me?." Her voice broke a little at the end.

"Then you break up with him, you move on."

"Move on after four years?." Rayo whispered.

"Look, you don't deserve a man who cheats on you, and you're only 23, you're even younger than me with three months, would you rather you got married this young to a cheat?, Or you got married a little older and to the man who looks and treats you like you're God's special gift?."

"I want to be treated like God's gift."

"Good, so you're going to ask him, it doesn't have to be today but it has to be soon."

"I understand. Thank you." Rayo said, she was happy to have a friend like Ewa who was always there for her.

"Now if you're done being a cry baby." Ewa joked, "I have to check out the kitchen section, I have to get the pan set my mum asked for or she'll freak." She explained.

"Okay, see you at the counter in ten minutes."

"Okay." She walked away to the kitchen section, she didn't waste time as she searched each rack for the exact set her mum asked for.

"Hey." A masculine voice said behind her making her turn around.

She came face to face with a man who looked in his late-twenties, he was tall, dark and handsome and he was holding a carton which contained a blender he was planning to purchase.

"Hi." She said in a curt tone making sure he got the hint that she didn't want to start a conversation but she guessed he was one of those guys that didn't get it or he did and chose to ignore because he kept talking.

"I'm Seyi, Seyi Gbadamosi."

She rolled her eyes before turning around, she could have ignored him or told him off but she didn't want to come off as rude. "And I'm Ewa, Ewa-"

"Adeleke." He finished for her.

Well she wasn't surprised, she got this a lot ever since she became a model and brand ambassador a year ago.

"I see your pictures on posters advertising different stuff, it's nice to meet you and I must say that you're prettier in person."

"Thanks." She gave a tight-lipped smile and turned back to the racks but Seyi wasn't giving up.

"Hey, can I get your number?."

She didn't turn around, pretended like she didn't hear him.

"You know, we can get a drink sometime and talk." He persisted.

She knew she could just tell him she had a boyfriend and he'd back off but she didn't want to, she wanted him to know that she was single and not interested.

"I don't give my number out to strangers." She didn't turn around, her back was to him.

"Please." He pleaded.

She sighed turning around. "Okay, give me your number, I'll call you when I feel like."

Seyi was smarter than that, he knew that 'when I feel like' also meant never. He wanted to know why she wasn't giving in.

"Do you have a boyfriend?." He asked.

"No, I'm very single."

Then what was her problem?. He thought.

She finally found the pans and nothing in the world could compare to the joy that flooded her heart.

She turned to him with a triumphant smile on her face. "See you around, Seyi." She didn't wait for a reply before walking away from him and towards the counter.

°°°°°°
Don't forget to vote and comment guys❤️