~4~

"Thank you for tonight, I had fun." Dabi told Anthony as he stopped his car in front of the mansion she lived in with her family.

"Me too, thank you for saying yes."

The large paper bag containing the gifts Anthony had given her for her birthday was still placed on her lap, it consisted of a small pink teddy, a small purse which contained different flavours and colors of lipgloss, another purse containing a bunch of new cute cases for her iPhone 11 her parents had just got her as a graduation gift, different color of headbands, a pair of silver earrings with a matching necklace, a gold bracelet and a nice clutch.

The night was perfect, she danced with Anthony and they even won the best dressed couple award. To her, it was a perfect Prom night.

It was a little past 9, just the exact time her mum had told her to be home, she hadn't checked Nile University admission list yet but she knew it was out because she got a notification before Anthony picked her up earlier that day, she didn't want anything ruining her mood incase she didn't like the outcome so she decided to check it when she got back.

"I'm going to head in now." She motioned towards the door and Anthony nodded, he came down from the driver's seat, went round and opened the door, Dabi thanked him as she stepped out, he began walking with her to the front door, she didn't expect what was waiting behind the front door as Anthony opened it.

"Surprise!." They yelled, she dropped the paper bag in shock and Anthony helped her pick it up. It took her a moment to realize what was happening.

"Mum, Dad." She looked at her parents, "Guys." She looked at Lase, Tiara and Ewa, "I said I didn't want anything much for my birthday."

She knew becoming an adult was a big thing, she could still remember how lit Ewa's 18th birthday party was 5 years ago, but she didn't feel the need to throw a party which was too much work when you could just celebrate it quietly with your family.

"It's not much dear, it's a small party, with your family and your friends." Her mum said making her look around and true to her words, only her parents, siblings and their partners, close friends from school and church were present.

"Thank you." She smiled, "All of you."

She then turned to Anthony. "You knew about this too?."

"Yes." He nodded, "Elsie invited me, she told me about it yesterday."

"And you're welcome." Elsie laughed feeling proud of the fact that she gave them the opportunity to spend more time with each other.

"Oh, now I get, this was the reason you wanted me home early." She turned to her mum.

"You got me there." Her mum laughed.

"Thank you." She said again hugging her parents, then her siblings, then her friends.

The sitting room was well decorated with four cakes sitting on a table at the centre of the large living room, with bottles of soft drinks, wine, paper cups and glass cups.

She saw various paper bags on the chair containing gifts for her.

She couldn't help but smile again.

She felt so loved.

******

It was fifteen minutes to twelve when Dabi finally settled on her bed in her nightwear and bonnet, she had just had her bath and she was ready to get it over with, she logged into her admission portal bracing herself for the worst, the minutes the page used to fully come up were the most agonizing minutes of her entire life.

That was until she saw it.

Admission Status: Accepted.

And below that was her Admission Letter.

"Best birthday ever." She smiled to herself and she couldn't wait to show her parents the next day.

******

"I rushed here as fast as I could, what's the problem?." Ewa sat down in front of her best friend with wide eyes, she had rushed to her house immediately she got the text from her telling her to come over quick and she needed help. The drive from the Adeleke's mansion to her house was approximately 50 minutes but it took Ewa 28 minutes to get there because she was overspeeding, she was so lucky she didn't get pulled over.

"I went out to dinner with IK yesterday." She said.

"And you asked him about everything right?." Ewa wanted to know.

"I didn't get a chance to." She begins making Ewa face fall, "Because IK went down on one knee and popped the question."

Ewa couldn't explain the emotions swirling inside her, happiness, sadness, confusion, she was happy that IK finally asked the question, she was sad that Rayo would have had to say no because of her suspicions and she was confused because Rayo kept a neutral face, she couldn't decipher if she was happy or not.

Ewa took a quick glance at Rayo's left hand, her ring finger was still empty, meaning that she didn't accept the ring.

"And you had to say no." Ewa's voice broke at the end.

"Yes, I did, then I told him I needed to talk to him, and I told him about my suspicions and he explained everything to me. He told me he had been coming home late because he was planning something, the woman I heard in his office was the woman who was helping him, he had been behaving nervous because of what he had planned and he had been smelling like female perfume because he had been hugging the woman to show gratitude, she looks in her forties, IK showed me her picture and I got to speak with her." Rayo says cooly.

"And what was he planning?."

"The ring, it was actually customized just for me."

"Then why didn't you say anything?, why didn't you accept the ring then since you know the truth?." She gestured wildly throwing her arms in the air.

"Who said I didn't?." Rayo raised an eyebrow before digging into her purse on her lap which Ewa didn't even notice, she brought out the ring and showed Ewa.

It was a diamond ring which caught the sun in the light and inscribed on the inside were their initials and the day they met.

"This is beautiful." Ewa gasped as Rayo slipped on the ring, it fitted perfectly, "I'm so happy for you." She hugged her.

"Thank you."

"And to think you were worried about him cheating." She nudged her playfully, "Have you told your parents?."

"Actually, IK asked for their blessings and his parents blessings too, he said he could have told you, but he didn't want to risk you telling me anything or even giving me a hint, he didn't tell his friends or any of mine, he didn't even tell my siblings or his, he only told our parents." She explained.

"I'm so so happy." Ewa hugged her again.

Rayo was happy too but not only about her engagement, she was happy that she had a best friend who truly supported her and was genuinely happy for her.

°°°°°°
Don't forget to vote and comment guys❤️