~5~

"So." Mr Adeleke began, clearing his throat at the head of the table, "Tioluwalase, when are you going to introduce Fiona to us?."

Lase looked up surprised, "Dad, you guys know Fiona, she comes over most times and she even helps mum in the kitchen."

"You're right, but we know her as your girlfriend, we want to meet her as your fiancée."

He rolled his eyes in response, he should have known this was coming, for the past months, his dad had been asking when he was going to propose to Fiona.

"We've only been dating for two years, Dad, I can't just propose to her now."

"Why not?, One of my childhood friends proposed to his wife barely a year after they started dating and they just celebrated their 30 years anniversary with six successful kids. Desmond proposed to your sister two years after they started dating and they are happily married."

"So?, We're in the 21st century, noone does that anymore, besides, I'm a man, you should be questioning your daughter instead, she's 23 and she doesn't even have someone she's seeing." He nodded towards Ewa. She shot him daggers from her seat on the table, her grip on her fork loosening.

Mr Adeleke ignored his son, he knew he wanted his attention diverted and he wasn't going to give him that. "You're going to be taking over the companies soon, you have to have a woman beside you when doing that."

"And I do, I have Fiona."

Tiara felt she needed to step in.  "Dad, Desmond proposed to me after two years because he wanted to and not because he was forced to. Please, let Tolu be."

Tiara was the only one who called Lase Tolu because growing up, she didn't like how Tioluwalase was always called Lase, to her, Lase was in no way similar to Tiara and she believed they were supposed to have similar names because they were twins.

"I'm not forcing him to propose, we're just telling him the sooner, the better."

"Son." Mrs Adeleke cuts in as she had been quiet all along, "Your father means, you have to have a wife or at least a fiancée, behind every successful man is a woman, Lase."

Lase sighed, if he had known this was what he was going to be stuck discussing with his parents, he won't have come for this lunch. But come to think of it, he should have known, Fiona came with him every single time whenever he came for lunch at his parents but they told him to come alone this time around, he just didn't think much about it.

"Okay, I understand. I'll do something about it." He said but he knew he wouldn't, he was going to go at his own pace, nobody could push him into proposing.

"Lase, please." His mother pleaded.

"I've heard, mum."

"Moving on." Dabi began, happy that they were finally done with that conversation, she fully supported her brother though, it was totally his choice when to propose to Fiona but she couldn't deny the fact that she hoped it was soon cause she couldn't wait, she really liked Fiona and couldn't wait to have her as a sister-in-law, "Have I told you that I checked my admission portal for Nile University on my birthday?." She asked her brother and sister.

They shook their head silently. Everybody else knew of the good news except Lase and Tiara cause they didn't live with them anymore.

"Okay, I got in, and I also got a 70% scholarship to study Chemical engineering." She broke the news.

It took the twins a while to register the news and when they did, a smile appeared on each of their faces.

"Congratulations, you deserve it. I owe you a gift." Tiara reached for David's hand across the table.

"That's awesome, I'm so proud of you, we're going out later today, we need to celebrate this." Lase said.

"Great, where are we going to?." Ewa looked up from her food.

"Sis, it's just Dabi and I that are going out. You are sitting at home alone." He smirked, Lase and Ewa argued constantly, one would think since they were both adults and didn't see each other regularly, they would be best friends whenever they got the chance to see each other but that was far from the case. Though, that didn't change the fact that Lase loved her and would do anything for her, he was really protective of Tiara, her and Dabi and tried his best to make them happy, showering them with gifts and love.

Tiara suppressed a laughter, she could sense a fight coming.

"Oh, we're playing it that way now?, It's on, Lase, 1-0." She narrowed her eyes at him.

Lase smirked in response, he was enjoying this way too much.

******

"How is my favourite cousin doing?." Diana stretched out her arm for a hug making Dabi squeal in excitement.

"I've been waiting all week for you, I've missed you." She pulled away from the warm embrace

"Me too, love, look at you." She spun Dabi around 360 degrees until she was finally face to face with her again, "I leave you for three years and you transform into a sexy adult, what did you do with yourself?."

"Oh, healthy stuff, you know, I went to the gym more, I ate healthy and I got thicker in the right places."

"Oh, you definitely got thicker in the right places, you're glowing like crazy, you can't tell me you did nothing to your skin."

Dabi flipped her weavon over her shoulder dramatically. "I did nothing, it's the Lord's doing."

Mrs Folawe Adeleke had an unidentical twin sister, Folake, who lived in Abuja with her family. Her two children, Diana and Femi were really close to Lase, Tiara, Ewa and Dabi, they were the only cousins that Adeleke kids had from their mum's side as Folawe and Folake were all their parents had, they were more like siblings because they were that close.

Diana was 28 and engaged while Femi was 26 and a flirt.

"Congratulations on your graduation and admission, you're really hitting milestones, I have the gifts I promised you for your birthday in the car, I also bought some extra stuff." She winked playfully.

"Thank you." Dabi threw her slim arms around her.

"Don't mention, baby girl."

Dabi knew having Diana stay with them for the time she was spending in Lagos was a blessing, Diana was too nice to her and she loved her as a sister, she knew she was lucky to have a cousin like her.

°°°°°°

So we've got to meet Diana Osho, I hope y'all like her.

I'm so excited cause we get to meet Femi in the next chapter...

Comment down below if you are too.

Don't forget to vote ❤️