1 - Strangers

NOTE: I don't put tw at the beginning of chapters for the experience of others!! I warned you in advance. They are in the "❗️Please Read❗️" at the beginning of the story <3 Enjoy!

"Didn't your mom tell you not to take candy from strangers?"

"Of course she did, but I would have to care to actually listen."

✧✧✧

Money, smarts, popularity, and charisma. The four fundamentals of being one of the well-known popular kids in high school. The classic cliche where the main character has a cheerleader girlfriend. Their parents are pretty well off. Perfect family, perfect friends, perfect life.

George Founders may be popular. He may have a bit of money in his wallet. He may have a beautiful girlfriend at his side. There are a million reasons why people would think he had a perfect little life. What's not ideal about it?

 He's surrounded by friends. His parents aren't distant assholes, even though they are both doctors they still make time for their son. He's got a huge house, a nice car, partakes in advanced classes, and is guaranteed a scholarship once he eventually becomes valedictorian when he graduates.

He's fucking perfect. The thing is, there's one little thing people don't know about him. Nobody knows. Not his parents, not his girlfriend, not his best friend. Nobody, only George.

 It's a sort of secret, one that George doesn't even think it's worth mentioning because he's so self-conscious of what others think of him that he doesn't think it's worth the future hardships that would result if he were to spill.

The little information about George Founders that makes him just a little different from most people causes him to go through guilt on a daily basis. A guilt that swarms in his stomach and doesn't let up. Penitence that simply eats away at his mind.

He knew it when he was a Freshman in Highschool because there was this one boy in his biology class that looked a little too pretty. A boy George caught himself staring at a little too often for way too long, too long for a boy to be looking at another boy. 

That secret being....

George Founder's swings the other way as well. 

Don't get him wrong, he loves his girlfriend. He knows that for a fact, however, there was another side of him that wished he could have a boyfriend. That he could be some other guy's boyfriend. That he could be in another man's embrace, one of strong arms or a tall figure.

It made him feel guilty. Guilty that he felt this way towards men. He didn't think there was anything wrong with men loving men but George was in a constant state of panic. Thinking that he is a liar and was being deceitful towards his girlfriend. But what could he do?

Everyone knows the story. The gay guy who comes out at school just turns into the campus' joke. The kid everyone bullies and calls slurs. George didn't have the strength or the courage to go through that. Why would he even want to? Nothing about it is appealing. None of it.

Nobody there needed to know that little secret, it wasn't important. Instead, George had decided to throw himself into school activities to active his mind. 

He is part of the student council, team manager of the football team, head of the chess club, part-time tutor. He signed up for anything that could get his mind off of the thought of his sexuality. It shouldn't be a big deal, but for some reason, it was to George. It was a huge deal, and he wished he could make it minor. Something that was insignificant to his everyday life.