16 - Big Dipper

A/N - 4700+ chapter. Find a comfy, warm place babes. Get some water, snacks, and your comfort stuffed animal (I know you guys have at least one) and get settled. Mostly fluff today <3

"If you're messing with me, you better tell me right now."

"Does this sound like I'm joking?"

✧✧✧

George didn't realize he'd fallen asleep on the beach until he woke up to crashing waves.

He blinked his eyes open a few times, his eyes focusing in and out on the dark sand and ocean. "Where-?" He mumbled to himself. Something shifted from under him but he wasn't quite awake yet to see what it was. He felt comfortably warm, and didn't question why.

"You awake?" Dream asked. He was laying half down on the towel with only his arms holding him up. George inaudibly mumbled a response and went to go back to sleep when his eyes shot open. 

"What time is it?" He asked and Dream shrugged and looked at his watch, "8"

George's eyes widened. 8. 8 pm. 8 at night. Holy shit. His parents didn't know where he was. Actually, he didn't think anybody knew where he was and now that he thought about it, his phone was in Dreams car. And shit. That's when George realized where he was.

Well, position-wise. The shifting from under him and warmth that was most definitely not from the sand was Dream. George was quite literally on top of the guy. Like, chest-to-stomach type on top of. Like, way-too-intimate sort of on top of. Full-blown cuddling type of on top of.

George was grateful that the sun was fully down because he was sure that the bright red blush that burned from his ears all the way down his neck would be stark in the sunlight. But, with the way that Dream was smirking at him and looking as if he was trying to hold back a laugh, he could see it anyways.

George sat up, and the embarrassment just got worse and worse. Now he was sitting on top of him. And that position was not family-friendly. "Shit," George said under his breath, "Sorry, I didn't-" Still, he didn't move. Maybe it was from shock, or maybe it was from sheer embarrassment.

Dream chuckled and shrugged, "For what?" he asked in a teasing tone and George wished it hadn't done something to him. To his heart. To his- George's mouth opened, then closed, then opened again like a fish out of water. Dream smiled and pushed himself up all the way into sitting position, and that's when it hit George about how close were. 

Well, sure he knew they were close contact wise but now? Now they were almost chest to chest and George was still groggy from the best sleep he's had in a while to comprehend what was happening. He could have sworn he could smell the faint scent of cigarettes and sugar from Dream's breath.

"Hello," Dream smiled, and George just stared at him, out of breath. How could Dream look even more flawless under the moonlight? George poked his tongue at the inside of his cheek. Dream, however, didn't move any further. He kept his hands to himself, and George wasn't sure if he was relieved or disappointed.

Dream just smiled, his hands propping himself, and George who was quite literally on his lap, on the towel. "Why do you look so happy?" George asked, his eyes flickering from each one of Dream's. The other shrugged and looked up at the stars before looking back down at George.

"Who wouldn't be happy about having a beautiful guy on his lap?" George was sure his face was on fire now, and with his head clearing from the fog from his second nap of the day, he placed two hands on Dream's chest and pushed him slightly away. Not as away as George could've (should've) but he didn't acknowledge that.