30 - Weeks Of September

A/N - 3800+ babes; ooof I speed ran this right before my flight. Get comfy lovely's, shorter filler chapter. Get sum to eat and drink my loves.

And for once, he really, really meant it.
And his heart beamed because of it.

✧✧✧

George often thought about what the hell he was doing with his life.

Weeks have passed since that night on the beach where he had spilled his heart out to Dream and really, his life hasn't been better. Mentally, he was better. Maybe having someone to help relieve the stress of pretending worked in his favor more than he thought it would. 

And as more days passed, he wondered why the hell he was so hesitant in the first place. Sure, Dream was a guy and George's mind wasn't exactly ready to throw itself into a relationship for the public to see because of other people. But really, who the hell cares?

The two of them have been hiding this realationship-that's-not-a-relationship for a while, but really they haven't. They honestly just don't PDA around the school or in public when they're grocery shopping because Dream cooking George dinner has become a weekly thing now. Their realtionship-thing just looks like a friendship to other people, and they don't care. Well, maybe Alex and Nick do because they're being "replaced by the New Yorker."

And George is currently sitting in Mrs. Jackson's chem class mindlessly jotting down notes while asking himself why he thought things outside of him and Dream would be different. Nobody cared. And for once, he finally focused in on the fact that they don't care. Why should they? 

But don't be mistaken, he definitely isn't ready to stand up on one of the cafeteria tables shouting that he was fucking queer and liked boys to the entire student body. However, he was finally realizing that who he is doesn't- shouldn't- matter to the people he wont see again in a year. His mind was finally warming up to the idea that being queer was okay, and that was okay. And he was okay. For the most part. 

Dream bumped George's knee under the table and tapped his pen on George's notebook, pointing at something written in the margins. 

If you keep looking at Mrs. Jackson like that, she might think you have a thing for her

George blinked a few times at the comment and scowled at Dream who was fighting a grin. George sighed, wrote back:

If you keep looking at me like that, Mrs. Jackson might think you have a thing for me.

Dream snickered quietly, earning a sharp look from the teacher before quietly clearing his throat. He tapped his pen on his middle finger a few times before writing back:

Well in that case :)

George scoffed and eyed Dream who was positively ignoring Mrs. Jackson teaching the lesson and instead focused entirely on George. The other rolled his eyes and quickly scribled in the upper margins of his notebook. 

If you don't pay attention, you're gonna fail

Dream glanced down at the paper and shrugged. He started writing:

How can I focus when there's such a beauti-

"Dream." Mrs. Jackson's voice was stern from the front of the classroom. Both George and Dream jumped at the sudden change of voice and tone. Every head in the room turned to look at the two of them and George could have died from embarrassment. Mrs. Jackson just sighed, "Please stop distracting George. Pay attention. We have a test next week."