36 - Antidepressant

A/N - 4300+ babes; heavy chapt :( Love yall, stay safe. Get sum to eat and drink and get cozy lovelies
EDIT A/N: Okay so I made the decision to edit this chapt, so if you got another notif that this chapter was updated it's because I added the snippet before "Some days were worse than others." Nothing else is different than that. I added it because I realized how choppy the transition from the last chapter was compared to this one and it rubbed me the wrong way to the point I had to change it. 

"I'm supposed to be perfect. I have to be perfect because if I'm not, they'll be disappointed. They need me to be perfect."

✧✧✧

The morning after the entire football team packed up their hotel rooms. They were to check out at noon and drive back home. They didn't have to go to school the next day, since Coach figured they'd be exhausted and the school gave them an excused absence so they could rest. 

George and Dream filed their things into George's white Range Rover and settled into the car. Nick, Karl, and Alex all rode together to Fort Lauderdale so they wanted to all ride back home together. The three of them have gotten extremely close over the past couple of months. 

Dream buckled his seatbelt as George started the car, pulling the gearshift into reverse and looking at the backup camera on the screen in the middle of the dashboard. His hand slid over to grip George's thigh gently, as if it was the most normal thing on the planet. George didn't object, especially after last night.

It seemed as though something between George and Dream had shifted. The tension and the silent walk on eggshells shriveled a bit. George, surprisingly, didn't feel all too upset over the fact that Dream had effectively given him the best handjob he's ever received in his life. 

He half expected a panic attack, half expected himself to push Dream away. But when he woke up the next morning feeling more chipper than usual and a bit happier than he's been a few days ago, he decided that it was a good thing they made that move. It was a step in the right direction, and though George was taking shakey ones along the sand that had a line drawn through it for as long as he had even met Dream, he relished in the feeling of the grains seeping between his toes.

George had quickly dropped Dream off at his house before going home. He parked his car in the driveway, his parent's cars missing from their spots in the garage. This was no surprise, but he still wished that he'd at least see them since it's literally been days.

He unlocked the front door, his fingers gripping his suitcase as he shoved the door open. He stumbled in, kicking the door shut and tossing his keys into the bowl on the table by the door.

The house was quiet, which was normal. His parents weren't home, which was normal. And George just listened to the silent house, like normal. The only noising being the hum of the air conditioning vibrating through the ceiling and the creaks of the foundation from the winds outside, just like normal. 

George sighed and dragged his stuff upstairs. He left his bags by his door before tossing his phone on the bedside table and collapsing onto it for much-needed sleep. His comforters felt as welcoming as they usually did and he sighed. 

He was back to reality. His real life.

-

Some days were worse than others.

Some days George's limbs felt heavy to the point he couldn't pull himself out of bed. Some days he ignored his alarm going off, and instead chucked his phone into the corner of his room before flipping over in his bed and burying himself in the sheets, effectively shutting the world out.