23 - The Way You Smile

A/N - Short chapter smh, 3000+; Sorry for the delay, been busy. Filler chapter (kinda) but still I hope you enjoy it. It's not really exciting, more of a lowkey chapter with little dialogue... but, nonetheless, get somewhere comfy babes.

"I will never get tired of that."

"Get tired of what?"

"Your smile."

✧✧✧

George woke up in a particularly sour and annoyed mood. From the moment his alarm had gone off way too loud for his liking, to how bright the sun shone through his blinds, all the way to how his sheets were uncomfortably tangled around him.

He pulled himself out of bed, his bones cracking and popping with the movement. He yawned, stretching his arms in front of him as he walked sluggishly to his bathroom. He flicked the bathroom light on, squinting with a finch at the brightness of the light. As expected, he was already frowning at his own reflection.

Well, it's one of those days, I guess.

Indeed it was. George turned his shower on before slowly, tiredly, stripping out of his clothes. On certain days, George tends to wake up in a mood that not even he can shake. No matter what, everything in fucking existence annoyed him. His friends tended to read it and would wisely leave him alone. He's snapped at them before, and it's safe to say they learned their lesson.

Even the slight flicker of the bathroom light was starting to piss him off enough that he had almost turned it off entirely. But, he kept it on for the sake of being able to see. He stuck his hand in the shower, testing the water temperature, before deeming it shower worthy and getting in.

Hot, hot water soaked through his hair, down his back, over his arms and shoulders. This, it seemed, was the only thing that hadn't pissed him off yet. Showers tended to be his safe space. Quiet from the world, yet not like the deadly silence that George grew to hate. The sound of the shower sent a sort of comfort through him that he didn't mind that nobody was talking for once.

George quickly showered, not wanting to spend too much time and be late for school. He rinsed the last of his conditioner out of his hair and turned the shower off. Slinging a towel across his waist, using his other one to dry his hair, he walked into his room in search of clothes.

Something with a hood, he decided. Something with a hood and comfortable. So, despite the lesser heat from the dregs of summer, George grabbed a dark blue sweatshirt out of his closet, along with a pair of black sweats. He pulled the bottoms on, not wanting to get toothpaste on his sweatshirt.

He walked back into his bathroom and grabbed his toothbrush, putting a considerable amount of toothpaste on it before starting to brush his teeth. In the process he pulled open one of his drawers and fished out his blowdryer, plugging it in as well. He fished his phone out of his pocket and checked the time. He wasn't behind schedule, which was good.

He spit into the sink, turning the faucet on to wash it down the drain before rinsing his own toothbrush clean and placing it back in its usual cup. George finished his morning routine, albeit bitterly because, of course, the hairdryer blew air that was way too hot for George's liking. On a regular day, he probably wouldn't have cared, having not the energy to.

Slipping his shoes on, having 30 minutes until school started, George jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen to find something for breakfast. That's when he saw the note. Written in sparkly green gel pen, his mom's handwriting inked on the paper saying: Dad had to take your car since his is in the shop. We forgot to tell you, oops. You're gonna need to get a ride from a friend. Sorry for the short notice <3 have a good day at school sweetheart.