25 - Ablaze

A/N - 4400+ my loves. Ahh have fun my loves, I think you're gonna really like this one. I expect comments 😼 Get some water and a salty snack my loves.

No Quote (😧)

✧✧✧

"George," Nick said from across the table, "you alright?" 

George blinked a few times, "Yeah, why?" Nick nodded to the pencil clutched in the other's hand. It was mere seconds from being snapped in half. He dropped it with a clatter on the desk. 

"What's going on? You've been sorta out of it today. And yesterday." Nick said. George just shook his head. "Nothing. I'm fine." As soon as those words left his mouth, he hated the feeling of how easily that lie rolled off his tongue. The way Nick was looking at him told George that he simply did not believe him.

Two days passed since Dream kissed George. Two days of George just mindlessly walking through school not being able to think of anything else but Dream's hands on him. The feeling of Dream's lips on his own. And it was as if Dream didn't care. He just went about his day, went about whatever he did, and acted as if he didn't just flip George's world, and feelings, inside out then shoved them on the ground. He was casual, normal, perfectly autonomous Dream. George couldn't help but despise him for it.

For acting as if nothing happened. For continuing the mindless flirting during their class together and simply just being his normal self when George could barely even function properly. Could barely even think. But isn't that what he should want? What he should be grateful for? Isn't this exactly what George did nearly two months ago when Dream dropped in on his life like a ticking time bomb?

But no. He wasn't grateful. He was pissed. Beyond infuriated and Dream just didn't care. And George, despite all of his confusing and jumbled-up feelings, did care. He cared, and it was making his life a million times harder and confusing and beyond irritating. Fuck you, Dream.

"Are you sur-" Nick was interrupted by a scold from their English teacher Ms. Walker, "No talking, eyes on your own paper." Nick cringed and glanced at the teacher, muttering "Sorry" before facing forward in his seat and rolling his eyes. It wasn't as if they were taking a test or anything, just busy work.

George stared at his paper. At the unanswered questions that he was supposed to turn in by the end of the class. He couldn't seem to focus, though. Could barely process the letters on the page. He just stared at it, the only thing written down was his name at the top of the page. He wondered if he could just take the zero.

He lifted his eyes to the window that shone out into the courtyard. He stared at the trees, at their leaves that were starting to change into lovely shades of red, orange, and yellow. He wondered if he could color it, could draw the trees and the grass and the buildings in the background. He wondered if Dream found the trees as pretty and alluring as he did. He wondered if Dream ever looked out the window and admired how pretty the world was on the outside. George barely heard the teacher begin to talk again until Nick kicked him in the leg, jolting him back in the classroom and out of the trees.

"If you didn't finish the worksheet, that's fine. You can turn it in Monday at the beginning of class." Ms. Walker said, erasing whatever was written on the whiteboard. George let out a small sigh of relief and started packing his stuff into his bag. He glanced up at the clock to find that the bell was about to ring and he'd have to go to AP calc. Fun. George already knew he'd have to ask Karl for the notes after class.

George dropped his pencil on the floor and it rolled away. Before he could pick it up, Nick grabbed it and extended it to his best friend. "Seriously dude. Did something happen? You're never this discombobulated." George snorted, "Woah. That's a big word for you Sap."