17 - Magnolia

A/N - I'm...back?? 5000+ lowkey a shit chapter ahead, oops LMAO. Get something to drink, popcorn, and maybe even a blanket and bundle yourself up somewhere comfy loves.

-And when he finally broke, tears finally spilling on the already wet concrete, Dream couldn't help but find something beautiful in the way George fell apart.-

✧✧✧

George found himself zoning out quite frequently after that day when Dream whisked him away to the beach to watch the sunset and stargaze with the awfully calming sound of waves crashing on the shore. He had found himself staring at the whiteboard at the front of his 6th period, not registering anything the teacher was saying, or writing.

He also found himself smiling at how relaxed he felt then, two nights ago. He found himself smiling at the memory of the stars he had not gazed at with the intent of looking, really looking, for a long time. He should stargaze more often, George thought.

And when the plain taste of plastic in his mouth and a slight nudge from Dream's elbow, he was pulled into the present. George blinked a few times before sitting up straighter and taking the pen out of his mouth. Mrs. Jackon's voice finally started to register instead of being a muffled sound behind the white noise of George's thoughts.

"And the finished project is due on Tuesday since I know the football game is tonight. So, if you haven't already, I advise that you get your partner's contact information and formulate a plan. Have fun!" Mrs. Jackson concludes.

George blinks a few times, completely at a loss for what he was supposed to do. Project? Partner? His mind stuttered over and he internally scolded himself for again zoning out for the 3rd time today.

Dream nudged his side again and George's head turned quickly to look at him, and he hated how his heart stuttered at the sight of him. Today, he looked awfully more handsome than normal, and George wanted to tear out his heart and yell at it to just beat properly, for his own sake.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Dream asks, and George blanks.

"Pardon?"

Dream smiles and turns further in his seat to fully face him. The classroom was full of chatter, most were excited, and George just sat there, willing his heart to calm the fuck down and focus. To try and see if he could figure out what the fuck the project Mrs. Jackson mentioned was.

"For the project." Dream states as if it was that obvious. George opens his mouth to say something to salvage how embarrassing he felt, but when he came up empty-handed, he just closes it with a sigh. "I sort of spaced out." He says because honestly, who cares? It happens.

Dream laughs, and George almost smiles at the sound. "Figured. So," and he explained what they were supposed to do. Mrs. Jackson had already paired people that first day, meaning his partner was nobody else but Dream. And George knew that maybe he should be slightly bothered by that, but honestly? He wasn't. He was more bothered by the fact that he wasn't bothered.

The two of them were supposed to pick an element on the periodic table and make an advertisement poster to sell the element that made up different objects. Mrs. Jackson said to have fun and get creative, and George wasn't too sure that was going to happen. But, neverthemore, he started to think of what elements on the periodic table made up other things they could put on the poster.

"We could do carbon, and have diamonds be the key feature." Dream suggested. George hummed and thought. It was easy. Basic, but easy. So George nodded, "Okay sounds great." He says and for a moment the two of them just look at each other.