Chapter 10- Shadows In The Dark

Sombra's Point of View

I was at my place bored. It has been only yesterday that I was basically by myself. I always hated that feeling. Life of a Umburm is always not the easiest thing in Equestria. But it's better than being a king who lost their hive or trying to get power to prove his father something. I would say that Cozy did have the 'easiest' when the Young six defeated her.

Now I don't know what Tirek and Cozy did yesterday. Although I did hear them behind me yesterday. It sounded like they have the most amount of fun in their lives, well, probably just Cozy since she is just a child. Not going to lie, I do feel bad for her, but not to the point I sign papers to be her new legal guardian.

I was sitting around until I had an idea, it was a bad idea, but I can invite Cozy over and tell her my side. I knew that she wanted to know but I never told her. I never really told anyone so it would be the first time I told someone about it. I decided I was comfortable with telling Cozy since we trusted each other quite a bit.

End of Sombra's Point Of View and Start Of Cozy's Point Of View

Buzz buzz My phone repeated. I looked out the window to see it was about to be dawn. I sat up and looked at my phone to see who needed me at such a early time. I got three texts and a missed call from Sombra. He called me again and I declined it

What are you doing up do early? I texted
Con you come by my place, I wanted to tell you something... He replied.

He wanted to tell me something? It felt a bit sketchy but I decided to swing by anyways. I grabbed some food and the things Tirek gotten me yesterday and left a note that said, 'If you see this and I'm not here, Sombra had needed me and I will be back later.'

I flew over to Sombra's and he let me in when I got there. "I didn't wake you up did I?" Sombra asked. "Yea, but I'm actually really grateful for it!" I said. Anyways, I asked him what he wanted to tell me and he told me to sit down and get some food, because he has a story to tell me.

End of Cozy's Point of View

The year was 1975, and Sombra was two at the time. Everyone thought, 'He's young, he really can't hurt anyone.' Well they were practically right, but his parents thought about the future for Sombra and decided to take him someplace far away from their twon.

It wasn't long before someone found him, and since he was left there by himself for at least two hours, they decided to take him to the orphanage. A few years passed by and Sombra was five years old. The orphanage wasn't really that strict, but they hated Sombra for some reason. He always thought it was because of the fact he was different. But they didn't hate him, they were scared of him. They didn't want to take care of a Umbrum. It was too much especially since it was the age he learned how to turn into his shadow form.

They decided to just let him take care of himself. Bad idea. This lead to him running away from the place. It turned in a good way though. He made a friend. He thought he would be happy his friend, but at the Crystal Faire, things didn't turn out so well. His friend, Radiant Hope, probably wouldn't have gotten her cutie mark if her friend was a pony.

Sombra had decided to go back to the orphanage and take care of himself until he was old enough to live on his own. So that's what he did for most of his life until he was eighteen. He was forced to leave the orphanage. He decided to go and find a apartment. It was four years until he decided to take over the Crystal Empire since Princess Amore's statue pieces was all across Equestria.

He succeeded until the Princesses banished him. But he had took the Empire with him. He decided if he couldn't have it, nobody can have it. It was a thousand years later and as we all know, he failed to take the Empire back. At this point, he gave up. He decided to head back to his apartment to live 'normally'

Sombra's Point Of View

I sighed as I finished the story and Cozy looked shocked. "I- should we keep this between us?" Cozy asked me as she finished her popcorn. I took a moment to think about it. "I think it's about time we told the others" I said. Cozy agreed with me and told me that we should invite them over.

When they got there, we told them our stories. When Tirek told us he had something to confess, we all looked at him. "Oh come on Cozy! You know what I'm talking about!" Tirek said as Cozy thought about it and laughed. "If she doesn't speak-! I'll call the police!" Cozy laughed as she mocked the Karen. "You two really should have been there! Best day if my life yesterday." Tirek said.

"More like Sombra should have been there" Chrysalis said. We all looked at her. "What do you mean?" Cozy asked. Tirek thought about it for a minute and than realized it. "Uh Cozy- I think we got Chrysalis arrested yesterday-." Tirek said in realization. Cozy laughed as she said, "Oops- sorry Chrys." I just stood there. "Awe, it's ok Sombra, hey- we should go do stuff today, since we do have the week off of school.!" Cozy said in excitement.

I smiled as the three left. "You coming Sombra?" Cozy asked. "I'll catch up, you go on ahead" I said as Cozy nodded. When everyone was gone, I took the picture Cozy drew of the four of us, put in a frame, and hung it up in my room. I left afterwards.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Two chapters out today- how swag- anyways I might work on the next chapter today but yea