Lazy Analysis

Yuuma's fingers slid across the front of a bookcase revealing the name of the section carved cleanly and well written. His fingertips left a clean trail and dust toppled over onto the already dusty floor. His shoes left tracks onto the wooden floorboards like animal tracks in snow. Unlike the marble corridors which were cleaned to perfection with a pretty glow, the library was like comparing royalty to a slum.

There were a total of forty or so bookshelves in the cramped room with some books spilling out onto the ground with no place to go, no room for them on the shelves. The outside weather was cloudy but a hint of wind picked up every now and then creating mini dust clouds/tornados that last no more than a second. Yuuma was satisfied with the cool air and the smog clearing out being carried along with the wind and out the window.

The first bookshelf Yuuma looked at was about plants and what certain greenery is useful and deadly. Some of the books were diaries and research written by family members of the past who were suitable in the field. Yuuma's eyes shined in interest and decided reading some books on this topic could help in the future or unexpected events which could save his life or someone else's. He went back in forth clearing the bookshelf of all the books and stacking them on the one and only small table.

The butler scrutinized from the side of the door his eyes boring into the side of Yuuma who ignored his gaze blatantly. He watched as Yuuma finally got done with handling the books and sat down on a chair, threw fish jerky into his mouth, and opened his first book.

Plant eating monsters, unimportant weeds, vines that give fatality, flowers that can heal, leaves that can bring the dead to life, herbs that can kill from touch, trickery plants, and deadly bugs that can inhabit the plant. By the end of the first hour, Yuuma closed the last book of the greenery section.

Yuuma took a breath and massaged his temples his head throbbing with the information overload. He hadn't had to do anything really in such a long time so he closed his eyes and the room had gone silent. The butler who watched raised a brow at Yuuma's antics, the boy opened the first book and skimmed through it quickly then picked up the second book putting the other one to the side. After reading the last book of more than fifty books on the plant topic he closed his eyes and didn't open them for ten minutes. The butler shook his head thinking Yuuma just wanted some praise from his parents so he's pretending to act smart for the day.

When Yuuma finally did open his eyes he yawned softly, stretching his limbs, and stood picking up a pile of books and began putting them back in their respective place. He had already stored all the information for later just like he stored the information of old Yuumas life which he watched from a third point of view like a movie.

Yuuma had always had a good memory, he liked to think his brain held filing cabinets storing every single detail and still being able to remember the fine lines of the same object/subject years later. In fact, Yuuma had never forgotten a thing. He remembers every conversation he's had with any random individual whether It be a passing stranger, a teacher from kindergarten, or a random dog barking at him five times before running away, well if you consider that a conversation which Yuuma does. He even remembers his birth. This was one of the reasons he got bored in life, he had learned anything that he had an interest in weather engineering, phycology, or business he learned them all. His job before dying was a gaming business that soured in the industry but the owner was unknown and he made money by practically doing nothing. He was a learning machine but regrettably, that was one of the reasons for his death.

The only thing he could never seem to learn was self-care or at least caring about himself such as his health which he did a flimsy job of. It wasn't like he could just get some meds from the store or he couldn't just put a bandaid on a small cut, he just. . .didnt have the energy. Whatever it was that made him this way he could never escape the black hole of lethargy.