Lazy; Unwilling to Work or Use Energy

Yuuma awoke feeling sluggish and dead tired. It wasn't the type of tiredness where you sleep but the type that you can't sleep from no matter how achy your body is. The full effects of the ten-year coma showing through and his recent exertion added another headache. But the plush warm surface of the pillow his cheek squashed against was very satisfying.

This pillow seemed to naturally release warmth. Yuuma sleepily grumbled pushing his face closer against it, but the pleasant squish of pillow feathers wasn't there. Instead, it was a bit hard and squishy. Only when Yuuma put his hand up to get answers for the unexpected outcome did he realize it was flesh.

A solid muscled chest of a... Yuuma dragged his hand towards the collarbone feeling no plumpness, of a male.

He peeled his cheek from the body and halfheartedly looked up but didn't expect ridiculing fingers to flick his forehead! Yuuma hissed rubbing the middle of his temples looking wronged.

"I never thought your first reaction after ten years is to assault me..." an icy voice said from above. Yuuma's eyes widened at the person who he remembered as Sadao, Although he had the same eye color and hair color the rest had changed, a slight red tint coated his cheeks. He had grown into a fine-looking man with a cold stare that would make anyone uncomfortable.

"And I never expected you to grow up to be a salty fish, with those dead fish eyes, I can tell you haven't dated once," Yuuma's slightly deep youthful voice insulted smoothly almost forgetting who he was targeting.

The room wafted hostility as the two glared at each other.

Yuuma ended the staring contest by struggling out of Sadao's hold and onto the floor. He was in a different room that held the same design. He somewhat remembered what happened before but the clearance of memories was a little fuzzy.

Perhaps Yuuma insulted Sadao's pride because right when he had escaped him, he pulled him right back against his chest. "Let me gooo," Yuuma drawled out annoyed at the human heater. Yuuma had thought Sadao had facial paralysis but was sourly mistaken when a grin tugged his lips. "Why are you laughing! Don't laugh!" Yuuma punched the chest that hugged him too closely.

"I'm not laughing I'm smiling..."

"Whose assaulting who now?"

Sadao rested his chin on the fluffy bed hair of Yuuma as the kitten punched, scratched, and kicked him to no avail of release. "This is punishment for assaulting me earlier, an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth," Sadao casually leaned against the headboard of the bed smiling with mischievous eyes.

"You sound like a pirate," Yuuma stated out of breath as he leaned his head back using the arms that held his back as leverage for gravity to keep his head in place. He felt like a cooked noddle, lethargic, and tired. The energy that probably came from the meat he ate before all used up.

The room was quiet with only the breathing of Yuuma to fill in the gaps. Sadao's eyes narrowed lifting the sagged head of Yuuma's to get his attention, "How was your rest?"

Yuuma was silent for a moment and then smiled reassuringly, "It was just like taking a nap," he then continued a second later, "it's too bad I never got to finish this academy it feels like I took the exam only to show off before leaving, poof I'm gone." Yuuma exaggerated the 'poof' and then rolled his eyes like he couldn't believe the childish gesture he had done.

'An internal war with yourself till death due us part.'

"Well, you can still study there are plenty of people more than willing to teach you, the famous genius who went into a coma right after getting the highest score on Vermillion's exam."

"Am I a celebrity now?" Yuuma sighed lazily.

"Why wouldn't you be?"

Yuuma opened his mouth to protest but decided it was too much work and hung loosely like a hanger being held by a rack.

"So do you have something to say?" Yuuma changed the topic with a low yawn, eyes lining with a layer of glossy tears.

Sadao gulped and looked away the red tint coming back to his cheeks, "what do you mean?"

"Don't act dumb you clearly know. I wouldn't expect less from a general active in war."

"You know that?" Sadao's lip twitched looking with eyes that could shoot lasers

"What? It's literally written all over this uniform, don't think I haven't read any books regarding what these tags and symbols mean. The annoying boy becomes a tyrant." Yuuma muttered the last words with contempt.

Sadao made a noise of understanding, "do you want me to ask you if your human? Your...display earlier already answered that question. But, to ask what you are? You don't seem sure yourself Yuuma."

"You want to know my thoughts?" Yuuma quirked a brow smoothing the pendants and badges on the uniform, Sadao gave a diffident nod.

"I'll tell you," Yuuma abruptly gripped the collar in an iron grip causing Sadao to choke by the meager pressure, "only if you get my sister out of the war. I'll cash it in as a favor and your questions will be answered as a bonus."

-

A/N-

I got a hate comment saying they were going to drop this story because of how I described Yuuma as looking like a kitten (they deleted the comment), overall using the term 'kitten' for him which for some reason made them angry?

So I'm thinking of making 'kitten' a pet name haha. I'm not evil or petty I promise.