Lazy Awakening

"What happened!?"

'I could ask the same thing...'

Yuuma relaxed his face but his heart still shimmered with leftover shock and got off the bed. "I don't know," even if he said that the butler gave a look like he knew he had lied, but Yuuma didn't care that he didn't believe him and looked at the destruction of the room from the butler's point of view. It was really a mess.

He looked down at his finger analyzing it and pressing it together but it showed no signs of abnormality. Kenji called for multiple maids to help clean up the room, quickly the house became chaotic in a few minutes with many questioning Yuuma who gave no direction as to what the cause was. He stood by the door right next to butler Kenji as he silently waited for his bed to be pushed against the wall again so he can sleep for the night. He didn't know what to think of the events that happened because he really had no idea what happened.

It was just a book about theories of the Oxblood origin and the last sentence happened to suggest dragons as a possibility. Although he wouldn't deny it anymore, he won't close his eyes and dream of it away. Because the book talked and is somehow in his body right now. Dragons may very well have a possible link to the one with the creator and purple eyes.

"Do you have something to say?" Yuuma who was leaned up against the wall flickered his gaze that was originally on the floor, to the butler who had been staring daggers at him the whole time.

"What happened in the room?" It was a loaded question.

"I told you I don't know, maybe a fairy came and decided to play with me," Yuuma snorted with a long sigh. After a few minutes or so it became apparently obvious that something was wrong with him though. His teeth started to hurt. He's lost all his baby teeth from an accident at four but all his adult teeth had grown in with the help of the physician.

'Do I have a cavity?' Yuuma rubbed his cheek even wiggling some just in case. But there was no sign of any problem and the pain only went off and on like a heartbeat, it was just mild so he didn't dwell much on it.

When the bed was back in place and the maids and butlers all went away with Kenji as the exception Yuuma went back in bed and drifted to sleep. A click from the door indicated Kenji left probably accepting the fact he won't get any good answers.

When the sun just barely made its presence Yuuma couldn't take it anymore. His gums were burning. His breath was hot and labored and he was sure he was running a fever. Yuuma got out of bed very reluctantly in a muddled state and went to the bathroom, agitated at how everything was dark and he couldn't see anything, with that in mind a strong swoosh made its presence and amidst the heat, all the candles in the vicinity lit up a purple flame.

Yuuma's eyes slightly widened but didn't have time to think about it due to the searing pain. on the wall just below the water bucket was a mirror and Yuuma opened his mouth expecting some sort of gruesome scene like a waterfall of blood to fall down his chin but what he didn't expect were the sharp canines that greeted him. His bottom and front canines had shaped like an animal and when he took his eyes off his mouth he made eye contact with the mirror. His eyes were glowing and his pupils were verticle.

Yuuma's hair stood on end and watched in confusion the only thing he could think of were the words written in the book to give his odd transformation a name and that was, dragon. Had the book given him a curse? Or maybe it just awakened his so-called dragon blood? The good news was that his eyes didn't stay vertical and went back to normal when his canines stopped growing. The pain from his gums was numbed but the throbbing headache followed. Unfortunately, it seemed his new teeth would be permanent and who knows what else secretly changed without his knowledge. His fever still raged on but he was so tired at the moment he went back to his bed hoping that when he wakes up again it would have gone down. The candles in the bathroom flickered off in a smokey trail behind him.

A tickling coldness pressed gently on Yuuma's forehead but the relief it brought was pleasant enough for him to almost lull to sleep again but before that, he pried his eyes open a pinch, and Kenji who seemed to be focused on something else other than him, came to view. The fleeting coldness turned hot again and before he could grumble in complaint a rag he assumed twitched out the hot one on his forehead.

"Young master you have a fever," Kenji noticed the awakened Yuuma and continued to soak the previous rag in a cold bucket below. He had come to wake Yuuma up for breakfast but unexpectedly he was drenched in sweat and abnormally high in temperature causing a wave of panic from Yuuma's family. They got the court physician who said it was a simple fever and to monitor him if anything else happens or symptoms other than a fever show.

A few minutes later after many switched out rags butler Kenji appeared to think of something and paused. "Young master, was this the cause of the fairy again?"

It was clearly a joke daring his previous explanation for the cause of his room being flipped upside down. Yuuma who was sick on the bed and couldn't move a finger without feeling like he had lifted several pounds of weights, laughed breathlessly.

"Maybe," Yuuma chastised hoarsely.