Sadao Don't Be Lazy

"South Wing is under attack. The second wave showed signs of a controller beast but was overlooked as stated, 'beasts were only level 1 and 2, no sign of higher levels' after six hours the second wave came carrying level 2 and 4 spread out along level 1. General, do you think we should investigate?"

The general lifted a finger and tapped his chin staring down at some documents as he tapped his fountain pen in a rhythm against the paper. "Unit leader what do you think it might be?" He invited, getting a shocked look from the unit leader. General Scarlet never once asked for his opinion typically coming up with multiple ideas and theories far more advanced than his thoughts. He admired the general greatly as he was from the Burgundy family and was only a mere officer.

General Scarlet must have something on his mind otherwise he wouldn't ask him, the unit leader officer.

"I believe it could be a level 5 beast controller. But the level of its actions seems far more intelligent so it might actually be a demon, sir!" He suggested swiftly.

General Scarlet's gaze flickered up and nodded casually, "yes it's probably a low-level demon playing around. Send West Wing soldiers to investigate." Just then he stopped tapping the pen and started to write his signatures on the bottoms of the pages.

The unit leader saw no opportunity to ask what was on his mind because of the cold response he was quickly shut out.

After the click of the grand oak door, Sadao stopped writing as if sure he was alone. He stood up and walked to the balcony. It was dark out, five in the morning but he didn't feel tired at all. He used magic to quickly open the latch to the balcony attached to his office. A cool air that made one shiver slightly breezed past him but ultimately didn't make his skin cold, it always appeared to burn like embers. He latched onto the railing and stopped moving altogether. Sadao looked like he became a statue.

Suddenly Sadao shot his head up towards the sky, his calculating eyes brightening and flame sprouted in the air in response to whatever emotion he was feeling.

It was complicated. Sadao sensed odd fluctuations of magical energy but it wasn't coming from a person or thing but everywhere around him. It came from the environment like a heartbeat. At first, it was minimal but progressively grew strong and it could no longer be ignored and be blamed as the wind.

He decided he would investigate it and simply left the room and off the balcony with a swoosh. Ultimately where the energy was more condensed it was Vermillion Acadamy. The academy he had graduated from and the one where Yuuma still lay. Since he was high intel he got in easily, he had visited the academy often enough to be recognized by many of the people there. But today at five in the morning the halls were bustling and the medical staff was all present looking busied and in a hurry. That's when he knew, Yuuma was awake.

Although the halls were filled with gossip the hall where Yuuma should still be currently residing was empty. It was deathly silent and the irritable magical energy beat so hard in his ears that he grit his teeth upon entering the room.

What he saw was butler Kenji kneeling on the floor and Yuuma is an animalistic form. He quickly shut the door. Kenji seemed to have said something but Sadao didn't focus on the words but the audible hiss from the thing that was Yuuma.

"Yuuma"

Another low hiss, this time more ferocious escaped the fanged mouth of Yuuma's. Sadao first thought it was a demon possession but then another thought strikes that one and somehow he ended up with the need to pet him. He looked like a scared kitten. He should calm Yuuma down. Just when his heart seemed to melt the little thing tried to strike him with his claws but Sadao quickly backed away earning an angered rawr from him in response. The scuffle went on for only four minutes when Sadao decided it was enough. He directly knocked out the fumbling angered cat.

He didn't know if he did the right thing, Yuuma had been sleeping for ten years does he really need to sleep more!? But the look of relief on Kenji's face made the guilt feel less guilty.

"Why are you here?" Kenji wiped the sweat from his forehead with a tired gleam in his eye.

Sadao opened his mouth to speak but ultimately couldn't find the words to do so. He didn't know what to say. He the general, skipped work with no one knowing and followed a strange heartbeat in the air which lead to the sleeping seventeen year old, now on his chest.

Kenji wrinkled his temples unsatisfied with the lack of response and marched to pull Yuuma from his grasp. But Sadao didn't let him, directly side-stepping Kenji, and sat on the bed with Yuuma in his lap. The fangs, horns, and fur all disappeared into Yuuma's skin, and even when Sadao used his magic energy to examine his body nothing odd would show up.

"What happened?" The question fitted through the air as Sadao looked at the ruined bedding and mattress with the smoke of flame still present in the room.

"I could ask the same thing..." Kenji began before explaining, "he had woken up half an hour ago and requested food. Afterward, I told him of the war and his sister...that's when everything went downhill. He was angry that his sister had gone to war and after I left to get him clothes...well he was like this when I walked back in." Kenji gestured to the room.

Sadao looked around too now that he had the chance to and could only simply shake his head. "Do you suggest he isn't human?" Sadao abruptly asked earning a flinch from the butler and in a bout of irritability laughed.

"Human? Haha, I'd be surprised if anyone from the seven families is human!"