Lazy Title

"Yuuma you're here!"

"regrettably."

"My sweet child why have you come? Is it to see mommy?"

"Under strict unfortunate circumstances."

"Haha isn't my Yuuma silly?" Yuuma's fake mother tenderly cupped the plush cheeks of little Yuuma who had a firm look of disgust.

"I have been waiting for you since the dawn of yesterday! I've been informed of you wanting to attend the exam for Vermilion Academy." Yuuma paused as she gently tugged his plump cheeks away. He glared at the woman who was laced with ivy. Just then he glanced at his butler who had the look of question as well, it wasn't Kenji which means there might be a type of magic or a person spying on him. It wouldn't uncommon for this type of behavior, especially from this specific female.

"Yes I would like to attend," Yuuma didn't waste a curtesy of a smile or a bow of politeness to reflect in the eyes of someone who wanted to control the Oxblood. She wasn't even an Oxblood before this just some small noble of a forgotten family name before managing to steal the heart of his father. At least that is what he knows from the memories.

"You know of your..." she looked him up and down with squinted eyes and continued, "lacking things that will have you pass the exam..." It was as if she still couldn't accept that her child had no magic and didn't want to say which that was on everyone's minds. Yuuma blinked still not moving from the doorframe and lazily smiled, foolishly knocking his head like a light build went off, "I completely forgot! Oh no, how could I have forgotten? Mother states such obvious things that I had forgotten mother's mental capacity." Yuumas appeared a bit frantic like he had truly forgotten something important but everything was a double-edged sword and the maids in the room held a fist to their lips hiding their laughter.

Yuumas's backhanded remark had his mother reddening in anger or embarrassment? Yuuma couldn't distinguish the emotions that rapidly played on her face. Nevertheless, Yuuma is done with the ploy he's set up although not very good he still acted with some restraint around the so-called mother. Seeing Ami today was the last puzzle piece he needed to no longer care for his image in front of this bane that's subtly been spreading like a plague in the Oxblood family for a few years, submerging herself in spoils of 'war.' Yuuma associated her as a 'praying mantis.'

"Yuuma you know you shouldn't speak to mother like that!" She almost shrieked holding a palm to her chest like she was a victim. Yuuma's smile faded getting tired of just the raise of his lips and sleepily rubbed his eyes grudgingly. "Ami," he stated suddenly going off subject which confused the people in the room.

"What about her?" His mother was still in a foul mood with an angry frown plastered on her face.

"You made her upset and grounded her over something petty." Yuuma's spat out sullenly and dreary, the mood of the room quickly shifted. Dark clouds hung in the sky outside and the thick breath of rain carried from the open windows of the tea room further emphasizing Yuuma's next words. The room grew silent in apprehension, a dull thudding of a maid's leg against the marble occupied the empty sound of the tense air, anxiousness swarming like buzzing bees.

"A selfish person like you shouldn't birth or raise children, you don't belong in the Oxblood family. You are a repulsive rabbied dog, infecting the family you created out of convenience for your corrupt nature. You don't care about the Oxblood household all you care about is yourself and the sickly feeling of having control." Yuuma blatantly sighed, his eyes lulling down and the maids wouldn't be surprised if this was sleeptalking because they couldn't believe what they were hearing. The servants who like to gossip had ears wide open with stunned looks. Honesty Yuuma doesn't care much for the Oxblood name nor has honor for something he doesn't greatly concern for, but this woman is too ridiculous it would be a shame to use his name in this life for naught.

"I will be watching you from now on madam," with those last thoughts Yuuma wrapped it up and left with no other words exchanged. The room was still for a very long time and it was as if the ghost of Yuuma was still before his mother because she stared knives at the spot that he once stood. No one knew the thoughts in the madam's head but they all knew one thing. Yuuma is different. The seed that had already been planted on hearing the rumors of the sudden change of Yuuma didn't match up to the change they actually saw and heard with their own eyes. This was more than a change but a change in person! The maids felt chills and more so when they heard their master's jaw click and fingers crack by the sheer strength she held her fists, they were so tight small beads of blood lapped the floor. The droplets of red were soon shrouded by a heavy downpour of rain that a few maids thought of as a bad omen. A crow could even be heard from a tree branch by the window. 'Certainly a bad omen!' A maid wiped her sweat with a handkerchief.

In the day that followed Yuuma had his tea party with his little siblings. Ami was particularly happy and giddy about it except for the little ones who didn't really know what was going on, but Yuuma found a way to include them. His three year old little brother had an obsession with wooden animals toys and showed him his collection, boasting about it with great pride a three year old could show. Yuuma could tell by the end of the tea party Mako and him warmed up significantly, Mako even wanted to keep showing him his wooden toys another time. The boy was probably a bit lonely and disliked Ami who always tried dressing him in girly clothes as the little boy declared affirmatively getting the stink eye from Ami. Ena was just like any zero-year-old was like, she wanted to stuff anything that was put in her hands or her little hawk eyes saw into her mouth. Mako very much hated the wet stains on his wooden toys from when they didn't watch her closely and disaster struck. Ena made small babbles and sometimes coherent words when she pointed at some animals and named them off. She giggled when playing peek-ah-boo which Yuuma found he liked to do to his littlest sister, her laugh made him feel fuzzy like he was doing something right just like when he helped Ami. Being a big brother was a responsibility Yuuma liked the most, but, it was the most tiring and energy-consuming.

When he finally left his siblings he was so tired he fell asleep on the floor five halls away from his room. What could he do? It was so far and his butler had roamed off somewhere. Luckily a housemaid found him and took Yuuma to his room, later informing Kenji.

Yuuma slept until the exam, his sleep was so deep no one could wake him up thus having the outcomed result. Kenji came to a steady conclusion, Yuuma slept like the dead and couldn't be woken by any means. He must keep this in mind for the unforeseen future.

-

A/N- Omg I just realized I wrote the whole chapter in my head and only now a day after do I realize I didn't actually post anything *Sigh*

Thinking of making a story called 'A Vampire In The Apocalypse,' here's a small peek of the beginning of the summary~

Umar, a vampire with slight OCD wakes up from a decade-long nap to a world of zombies. A zombie apocalypse!