Lazy Party Pooper

"Blah blah blah I totally agree with that statement."

"You look mighty fine today blah blah blah."

"Who's this kid?"

"I heard he's the heir to Oxblood family, his father brought him."

"Learning so young blah blah."

Yuuma held a glass of tea slumped on a bench chair pushed up against the wall. He had come here with high hopes of understanding this world better. He knew political parties were mostly old men stating their opinion getting agreed responses and negative responses. But who knew it would be so...so...repetitive. In other words; boring.

Yuuma was dead-fished-eyed.

He had found his father early on by the door where he was waiting. He told Yuuma not to talk about his current 'health,' and then he left with a stink eye. The room was really big so when his father left he couldn't find him again, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. So many families greeted him and talked gossip around him like he wasn't there, probably thinking a seven year old wouldn't understand. Which is a big advantage.

The luxurious interior design was clearly set up with care/consideration and the skilled designer was surely articulate in the area. Whoever's mansion he was in is rich maybe even richer than him. No one really told him the details and kinda just threw him into this place. Being a so called seven year old has advantages and disadvantages. Annoying.

His butler also ditched him. Tch.

Now he shall wither in the despair of old men talk while the glaring lights above mock him into an inconspicuous death. Yuuma melted into his chair in boredom.

'Stop being dramatic' he slapped his cheek.

'You have work to do get up!' he slapped his other cheek.

With a sorrowful sigh, he congealed into a human who previously merged into a chair. Yuuma put on his listener ears just like his teachers told him to do every time they dump a loud of information to memorize and then barf up on a test. Such fond memories.

"Hello young Oxblood heir, I belong to the Burgundy family! My nephew misses the playdates you guys had are you interested in another playdate? He wants to invite all his friends." A blue haired scholarly middle aged man held out a hand for Yuuma to grab and greet. He did so in a sloth like manner but managed to hum and nod in agreement. The smiley man left soon after idle chatter and Yuuma thought back to the Burgundy family.

If he remembered correctly the person he's talking about is the second born son of the family. He should be his uncle then.

"I heard a Scarlet child came today," someone whispered but clearly loudly enough for a few men to gasp and Yuuma to hear from seven feet away.

"Why would they come to the Firebrick mansion on such short notice?"

Yuuma's eyes deepened. He had never met any Scarlet people in his life, which is a bit odd because their family is so large. Also, it seemed this is Firebrick's political party, the more you know the merrier it seemed.

"I heard it's because they have a meeting with someone from Firebrick but someone told me it was just a child."

"Messanger boy?-"

"-No, don't you know they start very young? Only their most favored children get to do whatever they want. Crashing a party is nothing to them."

"Do you think this is a game they're playing?"

"Who knows I wouldn't be surprised."

Well, it appeared the Scarlet family had some form of reputation although a little confusing. Child labor?

Yuuma held his chin in thought but suddenly- he spotted food. So with his hands in his pockets and a nonchalant inactive air he scurried to a table with a bunch of pastries and sweets. His short height wasn't seen from the tall giraffes above. No one ate any of the food, they didn't even glance at it.

'Hmph, how wasteful,' he stuffed a jelly-filled cloud bread into his mouth. So good! Yuuma savored the taste eating some more of the food before stuffing the covered foods into his pockets and hands to eat while on the move.

He wandered around the party like a lost spirit getting some greeting but was mostly talked in secret from afar. Yuuma thought these people were really toxic acting nice and putting on a baby voice farce in front of him then stabbing him in the back cause he got some chocolate on his face, they didn't even point it out. That's very rude.

A few minutes later he got very tired and wanted to finish the rest of his snacks. He happened to notice a corridor with many benches on the side, it was pretty empty with few walking by. So he sat down and the crowd looked like a wall was separating him from the hallway and big room (ballroom?) It was like being cut in half. As he munched on some caramel candy he questioned when the party will end, he was tired and wanted to leave.

Yuuma lowered his head and yawned when an unknown hand abruptly shoved into his view. Yuuma's eyebrow twitched and looked up at the person with a small hand. A boy with scarlet hair, peach-orange eyes, and a toothy grin blinded Yuuma's pupils, corneal, and visual view of life.

'So bright.'

Yuuma didn't care at the moment and slapped his palms on his eyes and mumbled in agitation, "turn off the light..." What was delivered was a cheeky laugh from the boy.

"My name is Sadao what's your name?"

Yuuma peeks through his fingers to check the situation and seeing as it had dulled removed his hands from his face. Sadao took the opportunity and latched his hand with Yuuma's and shook it in a greeting. Now that Yuuma had a better look at him he looked older, and another thing that he remembers...didn't some people talk about another kid from the Scarlet family being present? Yuuma gaped for a moment in shock and quickly removed his hand from the other grasp.

"It's Yuuma," he stared blankly.

Sadao's smile grew and he flopped down next to Yuuma on the same bench digging in his pockets for something. When he found it he perked up and showed Yuuma his fist which he slowly opened. A black flower bud that looked a bit crumbled rested on his palm.

'Huh?'

"I saw you sitting alone and it reminded me of the black flower bud I picked up in a garden full of white flowers. It was also alone."

Dumbfounded Yuuma's head started to hurt and his eyebrows creased. He glanced at the boy who showed no personal space. Their eyes met and Yuuma asked...

"What are you trying to say?"

"I plucked the flower away so it wasn't alone anymore, I did the same for you didn't I?" Sadao pointed to himself in his confusion. Yuuma blinked and then looked at the flower bud again closely examining it.

"Sadao right?" Yuuma asked getting an affirmative nod from the boy.

Yuuma abruptly smiled and pointed to the flower bud in almost amusement.

"That flower is poisonous, I don't recommend you smell or eat it. Also, it agitates the skin so touching it may lead to allergic reaction symptoms."

'So if I'm compared to that black flower bud in this boy's eyes he should go away quickly!'

A/N- I said ML was cold but did I ever say he was cold to everyone? hehe