Lazy Bun

Mother was disappointed in Yuuma.

Yuuma tapped his finger on the dining room table with another hand to his cheek in boredom swimming in unconsciousness and consciousness. But he didn't care how this cheap mother felt, in his eyes, she was someone with the title 'mother' nothing more nothing less. He also didn't understand why everyone was trying to force him to eat food and drink water, he wasn't hungry nor thirsty.

Still, he ate to satisfy them but after a few bites, he was done and sat sleepily at the table his head occasionally lulling to one side but quickly came back up realizing he was falling asleep. His mother had a hawk-eye on Yuuma this whole time.

Yuuma assumed the mother was going through many complicated emotions he's sure she had high hopes for Yuuma. He guessed hearing her son was magicless was like hearing her favorite cat died.

"Yuuma honey, mommy won't let you suffer being magicless so she got you something special to help you!" It was a sudden change, her tone became soft like to reassure him. They were the only ones in the dining room right now so the silence that followed was deafening.

No matter the female's worlds as to relieve him of something Yuuma didn't even feel, he felt an invisible pressure and knew that what she's talking about isn't any good.

"Mommy got you some pretty pills that you need to swallow every night, it will help you get stronger."

She had an unhinged glint in her eye and exaggerated her movements.

"Mother with all due respect will this potentially lower my lifespan or something?" Yuuma rolled his eyes with his lids closed wanting to leave but the table felt oddly comfortable. The women shrieked back knocking over a glass with an offended defensive look.

"Why would I ever do that!? What's the matter with you? Why are you acting like this!"

'Why am I not acting like your little good boy?' Yuuma condemned opening his eyes to see the crazed women. Maybe he should just. . .run away? He has about 1,992 gold saved up from his weekly allowance.

It's possible.

That thought was just a seed of possibility that could eventually grow when the time it's needed.

"Okay, I'll take the pills."

He wouldn't take the pills but to get the conversation over with and to not invoke the anger of the women any longer he agreed.

After that, the court physician came to check on him and the results came out unsatisfactory. No leads as to why he's magicless and his long slumber couldn't be explained. If Yuuma actually told the physician that he slept because he was only tired and this was a normal amount of sleep for him, they wouldn't believe him. Nor would they believe he isn't the Yuuma from this world.

'life is so hard,' Yuuma sighed dramatically.

Before mother left she 'gracefully' informed Yuuma about a political party that father is going to today and he was to go. For now, the information about his magicless status is being tightly kept in the confines of the mansion. Everyone is tight-lipped and looked at him with many ranges of emotions, such as pity.

Yuuma had a feeling though that the information about him being magicless has already escaped the Oxblood family's tight grasp. Ironically at that moment, butler Kenji walked through the door to his side.

Yuuma slowly blinked at him staring until the butler looked at him questionably.

"Do I have to change clothes for this party?"

"Yes."

Yuuma grumbled in complaint before holding his hands up to the butler.

"Carry me."

Simple and direct the butler carried him all the way back to his room where he got changed. The fabric was black in shiny and the little tux in the mirror reflected on his baby face made him look cute.

'His cheeks remind me of steamed pork buns,' at the thought he couldn't help but swallow his saliva in sorrow.

When he has the energy he will definitely make delicious food.

"Young master are you ready?"

Yuuma hummed fumbling with the cuffs and feeling the texture of every little cloth sewed onto it in decretive pieces. On their way to the carriage they passed his sibling's play area. His two siblings were playing with toys and when they spotted Yuuma quickly turned away. Yuuma didn't understand why the little kids suddenly didn't want to look or talk to him. Since they didn't want to see him Yuuma ignored them as well, they're just children who need to find their way themselves. He won't be the mediator to blow away their negative thoughts of him.

"Kenji is there some kind of rumor saying I have a disease that'll make everyone who looks or touches me magicless?" Yuuma asked walking side by side with his butler, passing the children's playroom, and getting close to the exit.

"There is such a rumor," butler Kenji bluntly said.

Yuuma let out a dry laugh thinking it was funny.

After they had gotten into the carriage the butler sat in front of him and they took off, his father was already at the party so he was a tad bit late. The silence was dull but comfortable and Yuuma thought of taking another nap while using the window to hold up his head.

"How do you feel about the pills mother bought to help me?" He yawned out making needless conversation.

"If it will truly help young master then I support it," he replied plain-spoken as ever.

"Tsk You lie a lot butler Kenji," Yuuma scoffed thinking he was no fun at all. Such an unadorned and drama-less conversation from the man himself should be put as top rank in 'the most boring man of all time.' But Yuuma knew he wasn't so boring he was just a good actor.

The sharp glint in the man's eye when Yuuma finished his words and the tense in the dense air made it all the more obvious.

"Young master we arrived," Kenji said darkly.