Sadao's Lazy Favors

"Is there a reason you're here?" Yuuma asked after eating enough to alleviate his hunger. Now he leaned on the couch ready to close his eyes at any time to sleep but couldn't do that with the Scarlet child around.

"I came to have a sword fight with you-"

"I can't use a sword."

"Magic fight-"

"I can't use magic."

"Er right, wait you just..." A dumbfounded look crossed Sadao's face as he realized something and shot a look towards butler Kenji. Yuuma who rested his head on the armchair now, lazily smiled with heavy eyelids, "did you think I wouldn't know? Consider me as a blind man then," Yuuma softly chuckled.

Yuuma had already gone through thousands of possible causes and effects. Sadly he can't predict the future so hopefully, he won't cause a ripple effect that'll later turn into a tsunami later. His thoughts for this were, exposing himself now will be more prosperous than if he exposed himself at a later date.

Butler Kenji didn't make eye contact with Sadao who had a permanent questioning look. After a second of processing he sighed and got serious, "how long have you known?"

"Not that long..." Yuuma trailed off. How long had he been here? It had been some weeks so had it already been close to a month? Yuuma's days are mixed together and he can't remember the exact date he had arrived.

'That's unfortunate' he thought.

"Do you want me to bribe you to keep quiet? Since you're little do you want candy?" Sadao stood straight and casually listed off things children would want. Yuuma wouldn't be surprised if the old Yuuma would choose one of his options. Good thing he isn't old Yuuma.

"I don't want any of that, all I want is favors," he shrugged off Sadao's suggestions passively.

"Favors?"

"Yes, favors"

Sadao frowned and then eventually nodded, "Is there a limit to your favors?"

"No there isn't a limit, just harmless favors like a friend asking for a pony. Ah but in this case, it's an enemy asking his other enemy for a pony," Yuuma laughed seemingly enjoying his thoughts. Sadao also found it funny and laughed, "if that is it then I accept."

Yuuma briefly nodded, sad at the thought of having to see this Scarlet child again and probably many times in the future. Sadao stood up from his chair and was about to say something but stopped himself like he remembered something else, "are you thinking about enrolling into Vermilion Academy?" He asked in interest. Yuuma remembered that the entrance exam he was planning on taking was to that school. But it was for people with magic so Yuuma doesn't know if he should still go, but he did say he would get in with his ability. He can't just take back his words.

"When is the exam?"

"Oh, I don't know..." Sadao looked to the butler which Yuuma followed his gaze.

"It's in four days, young master and sir Sadao," Kenji answered a matter of factly. Yuuma smiled and said, "then that's when I'll be taking the exam."

There was some shock on Kenji's and Sadao's faces because Yumma knew they weren't expecting him to go after his disappearance in magic.

"If I go I could find the cause of my magic."

The boy and butler both agreed with that statement and Sadao set off for home because of other affairs and Kenji picked up the tired boy who didn't want to walk anymore. Butler Kenji walked in big strides to Yuuma's destination and without warning, he stopped Kenji beside an empty hall.

"Kenji did you break your promise?" The butler was disturbed a little but then shook his head no, understanding where Yuuma was coming from. "That is not the case, sir Sadao came on his own occurred I didn't say anything to the young sir."

Yuuma unconcerned approved not questioning the butler further on the subject but instead switched to another, "about my teeth and eyes I don't really know what happened. But I came across a book, the one I brought with me to read later. I read it that night and found something at the very end. The book made my room flout and suddenly it went inside me, and you know the rest." Yuumas's explanation was vague not concealing anything worth noting besides the last part.

The butler's face shrank and questioned the little boy in a hurry, "it went inside of you!?"

Yuuma blinked and then laughed at the butler's expression, "don't worry I know my body, it didn't do anything besides help me."

'I think' Yuuma thought bitterly.

Kenji appeared to calm down afterward but worry still crossed his eyes and they softened at the corners when Yuuma laughed again. "Young master looks more his age when he laughs," Kenji muttered, continuing forward, going towards Yuuma's room. The boy was already half asleep and didn't even look at him nor seem to hear the incoherent mutter butler Kenji uttered.

Yuuma did hear though but didn't want to address it. He's figured out that if he wants t hear something far away he can but if he doesn't want to hear it then he can stop himself from listening. It's the same for smell, so at least he has some control over his senses. He's the mediator between the two and if experimenting enough can probably find other things he can do that he couldn't before.

"Brother Yuuma!" It was Ami's voice that called to him.

"What is it, young miss?" Kenji thankfully answered for Yuuma who was too tired to talk right now.

"Mother wants tea with you," she said getting slightly nervous.

"I'm sorry young miss, young master is still ill and is too sleepy, tell the madam tomorrow he will attend."

The little girl agreed and shimmied off from Yuuma's sight. His mother really is so pushy, it feels like he has only seen his father once since coming here along with his baby sister. Yuuma wonders if the kids here are getting enough care. He should have a meeting with all his little siblings soon, he won't leave them hanging, Yuuma will definitely raise them with the right mentality and mindset, their future is looking bleak but with his help, it'll look brighter.

Yuuma noted down the details of his next few days and cocooned himself in his bedding. The butler was off to who knows where, and Yuuma comfortably fell asleep.

He felt a little hungry again.