Lazy Dragon Boy

"It's an awfully wonderful day outside," Yuuma chimed looking at the dark clouds rolling in, a big storm surely coming through.

Sadao glanced at the window and then back to Yuuma. Yuuma could feel the glare burning his cheek, knowing exactly what Sadao wanted to ask without him saying anything. His arms were folded standing in the middle of the room like a looming giant. Yuuma felt a chill of amusement, wanting to laugh for some reason.

Sadao's eyebrow twitched, "What's funny kitten?" He smiled scarily.

Yuuma immediately stopped feeling amused the moment that ridiculous nickname was spouted out. "You already know what I am, don't you? I'm not a cat."

"I'm not sure, It'd be best if you told me yourself," Sadao shrugged skipping over with a beat to his step. Yuuma grumbled at the increasing figure, too unwilling to leave his spot on the chair. "Well I am a human," Yuuma could see the doubt in Sadao's eyes.

"I am!" Yuuma then pointed to his head, "See, I'm human," he then pointed to his stomach, "This, this is a dragon." Sadao's eyes flickered and he paused mumbling the word, "dragon."

"So...you're a dragon?" He said much louder.

Yuuma blinked slowly and propped his slumped form up. "Did I say that?" He said as if confused and not at all being sarcastic. Yuuma then looked out the window seeing the coachman and Kenji loading the carriage for today's travel.

After the commotion yesterday, everyone settled and now Yuuma was trapped in a room with Sadao.

Sadao scoffed but played along anyway and began to list things with his fingers, "you spit out fire, have fur, horns, sharp teeth, think your above everyone else-"

"That's going too far-"

"I'm not done yet." Yuuma sneered at him and crossed his arms, Sadao began again, "You sleep all the time, have a big appetite, typically their intelligent creatures..."

Yuuma began flailing his arms in an exaggerated manner to get Sadao to stop talking. "Have you ever even met a dragon?" Yuuma picked up a cup of fresh fruit juice and took a long sip.

"Have you?" Sadao countered.

Yuuma rolled his eyes and sighed in annoyance, in a bad mood from his constant lack of sleep.

"Let's scratch this topic for later and get to the bigger issue." There was silence, and Yuuma almost dozed at the sudden quiet. "Why were you even close by at this time?" Changing the topic Yuuma picked at his curiosity.

Sadao started to sway on his feet, "I was just on a late mission."

"Right.." Yuuma whispered barely audible to the ear, his eyes stung, and before he and Sadao knew it, in just under a minute, his eyes lulled shut.

Sadao clicked his tongue at this mumbling about how a person can always be this tired.

Subtle breaths came to and fro from the rising chest of Yuuma. Sadao waited for the glow of the purple suns to rise but after many minutes they never made daybreak. He tapped his foot impatiently, then decided to try waking him.

Sadao took out his sword and started banging it on the floor and walls loudly. The wacks had heavy force and the makeshift field hospital was crying. Yuuma didn't stir and Sadao got tired of trying to wake him that way. He put away the sword and walked to the form that melded with the chair perfectly. Pointing a finger at his face he subtly rubbed the tip of Yuuma's nose, the action feather-like barely touching the skin. In just a few seconds Yuuma's peaceful face scrunched up and he shot up loudly sneezing bringing forth a small mana earthquake that shook its surroundings. Not having liked the feeling of being woken this way Yuuma turned his face angrily to Sadao.

Who knew Sadao's face was so close to his own and they both knocked foreheads. Both groaned from the sudden pain. "Tch how dare you wake me!" Yuuma screeched knowing he hadn't been asleep for long, holding a hand to his forehead to relieve the pain with pressure.

Sadao's eyes watered, "it's your own fault for sleeping in the middle of a conversation," he gritted out copying Yuuma's action.

Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Young master were ready to leave," Kenji's voice was heard behind the door.

Yuuma glared at Sadao and stood up going to take his leave when suddenly Sadao caught his forearm. Yuuma stopped looking at the hand on his arm in question. "How about I take you there instead?" Yuuma raised an eyebrow at his intentions and became even more suspicious when Sadao smiled.

"No..."

"Your turning down a general as a personal escort? I don't think so," he then reached into a pocket on his clothing, pulling out a badge. "And I don't suppose the stealing of a general's badge would go unpunished?" he whispered leaning low enough for his breath to glide along the shell of Yuuma's ear.

Yuuma tensed wanting to rip the badge out of his palm, it was an important part of his plan after all!

"Fine."

"Fine what?"

Yuuma rolled his eyes, "fine I'll go with you."

The temperature slowly rose to a blistering degree in the room, but both the two inside had not noticed. Both occupants were seemingly unaware of tiny red and purple sparks popping and sizzling quietly like little explosions of dying stars.

It appeared like a chemical reaction.

-

A/N- I got a part-time job recently and it's affected my writing and all my creativity.

P.S.- so many story ideas, so little motivation to write!