4. Manager's duty

"Oh hello L/N!" Kanazaki said as he stopped cleaning up a bike to greet Y/N and Onoda. 
"Hey Kanazaki, My dad left his bike here, could I borrow it for a bit?" Y/N asked.
"Sure, how long will you be taking it?"
"Just until my dad arrives next week, don't you dare tell him I took it though."
Kanazaki laughed.
"Sure kid my secret is with you!"
Y/N nodded as he followed Kanazaki to his father's road racer. Onoda just walked along with Y/N.
"Here ya go Y/N."
Kanazaki said showing the bike the color of Turquoise blue with White highlights.
"Woah!!" Onoda said in awe.  "Awesome I know!"
"You really would like me to ride this?"
Y/N nodded. "Why don't we go for a test ride huh?"
Y/N said paying 10,000 yen to Kanazaki.
"S-sure!!" Both of them walked out of the shop.
"Thank you for letting me borrow it!!"
Onoda said again.
"No problem shrimp, this is the first thing I'll do as your new manger and last so don't go thinking your special." Onoda just nodded and smiled.
Y/N got on Onoda's bike and motioned Onoda to get on the road racer.
"Go ahead."
Onoda nodded agressively as he got on. He felt a wave of energy go through him.
"Why don't we go with the hardest task? The climb."
"Yeah!"
Onoda yelled.
Y/N set off with the climb pedalling slowly as he didn't have much confidence in Onoda.
Onoda luckily caught up without falling. "Nice shrimp." He said as he continued to go faster and faster as Onoda caught up.
"Is this your first time using this?" Y/N asked midway through the climb.
"Ah yes!"
'Woah this kid may actually be awesome. What no! What is wrong with you, he's shrimp!' In his rush of thought he didn't notice that Onoda had surpassed him.
"W-what?" Onoda wasn't tired at all or sweating he was just pedalling and pedalling, Y/N noticed how fast Onoda could pedal, his legs looks like a fan with how they moved.
Y/N learned that Onoda isn't that ordinary.
"Onoda!" Y/N yelled exhaling sharply. Onoda stopped now at the top of the street hill.
"Not fair! You must've been using a gear weren't you?"
Onoda just looked at Y/N in confusion as Y/N got off his bike. Y/N looked at Onoda annoyed. "What?!"
"Uh uh nothing! I was just wondering..."
"What do gears in your cycle do anyways?"
Y/N froze.
'No way did he- you're in a damn cycling club for goodness sake!!!'
"You- you... you don't know what gears are?!"
Onoda looked at Y/N a bit embarrassed.
"Yeah I guess?"
"Then how did you pedal so fast, It's your first time on a bike like that!! What the hell!!"
Onoda started to become nervous.
"You, don't need to tell me! I'll just learn it from Ki-"
Y/N sighed.
"Okay let me explain."
Onoda shut his mouth and listened to Y/N's messy but effective explanation.
"Bisacally gears are what make the bikw faster, so like the first gear is normal, second ya knkw fast, then faster and faster until you've reached the tenth gear. This will make your cycling experience a bit harder cause the cycle kind of gets heavier through each gear."
Onoda nodded.
"Okay I'll remeber that!"
Y/N smirked.
"So Onoda, here's my application."
Y/N said handing over a piece of paper to Onoda.
It was just the basketball club form but everything basketball related was cut out as well as weight.
"I understand cutting out other things but why weig-"
"CAUSE I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE CALLIN ME SKINNY OR FAT!!"
Onoda sighed, laughing a bit.
"What are you laughing at?"
"Nothing nothing!"
Y/N rolled his eyes as he got back on the bike.
"Hand that to the captain, I'm gonna drop you off home with your bikes."
Onoda nodded.
"We're actually on a training camp right now, It's nearby, we can talk till then!" Onoda said smiling as he got on the road racer.
"Sure why not."
Both of them started pedaling on the flat road, one of the easiest routes of a road race.
"So this is your father's bike?"
Onoda asked.
"Yeah, he sometimes does marathons, this time though he forgot to repair this bike so he took a rental one, Kanazaki repaired it after dad left so I decided to give..... it to you."
Onoda smiled.
"It's weird saying this again and agian but thanks Y/N!"
"Whatever, I like people praising me so your welcome!"
Y/N said laughing.
"Also don't mind me asking but how do you remember me, when i don't remember you at all?" Onoda asked.
"Well it's cause I was... a friend of yours I guess."
Onoda stilled looked in confusion.
Y/N sighed. "Do you remeber a keychain from the love hime series you bought when first at Akihabara?"
"How do you know that was-"
"Do you remeber who bumped into you on the way with a manga set?"
Onoda suddenly remebered a boy with the same hair color and skin color as Y/N's
"Wait You're Manga guy!"
"Used to be."
"I remeber you now! We talked about the Love hime manga! You also.."
"Gave you a Love hime volume 12 Manga?"
Y/N finished Onoda's sentence. Onoda grinned and nodded.
"That.... I'm glad you remebered but not to break the moment up but I'm not into Anime and Manga anymore."
Onoda looked at Y/N again.
"Y/N? Could I say something."
"Heh sure why not Shrimp?"
"Why were you so mean to me?"
Y/N tsk'd.
"I was in a bad mood plus you are a nerd and nothing more than that and upon all that you tried to run me over!"
Onoda looked away at Y/N's sudden shift of tone not wanting to make eye contact due to the awkwardness.
"Look shrimp, as much as I'm being nice to you here, I won't be forever. You're an aquintence to me, a team memeber so to say."
Onoda nodded looking at bit more upset. The atmosphere was more gloomy then it should be. They were just talking about Anime and suddenly this?
"But I guess since you're doing me a favour, I won't be too harsh with ya." He said as he put a hand on Onoda's back.
"Ah.. sure..."
The silence became for some reason loud, like a wave of just darkness. As cliche as it sounded the two of them felt an extreme change of atmosphere, a dark and unnerving feeling.

"Oh! There it is!"
Y/N said loudly breaking away from the silence. Onoda and Y/N enetered the hotel looking area. Y/N parked the city bike outside as Onoda parked the road racer closer to the other team's bikes. "Ah, Y/N!"
Y/N looked at Onoda who was heading up to the hotel rooms.
"Are you sure you're fine going alone at this time without anything?"
Onoda asked worridly.
"I'll be fine, you just remember to give that application to the Captain of this place okay?" Onoda nodded as he waved Y/N good bye.
Y/N smiled waving back.
'Why was I so mean with that guy?'

-------------------------------------------