5. Sunday's call

Y/N was sleeping like a baby, he had a rough night, arriving home at 10pm with your dad's bike with a shrimp, then playing video games till 1 am before falling asleep. The man was just tired.
*Ring Ring Ring*
"AHHHHHHH WHAT NOW!"
He woke up to his phone ringing. He picked up his phone, it was a call from a random number. Y/N picked it up.
"Who is this?"
The man on the other line picked up as well and replied.
"Shingo Kinjou, captain of the sohoku high Road racing team."
He covered his phone, "shit i was so rude, okay you can do this!!" He whispered.
"Oh hello there, I'm Y/N L/N."
He said in a much more cheerful tone.
"Nice to meet you, I'm assuming you're here to talk about my Manger application right?"
"Hm, you're Y/N right?"
"Yeah."
"You can be the Manger if you wouldn't mind, could you come to the training camp today?"
Kinjou asked, Y/N thought for a second.
"Um sure! What time?"
"11am sharp otherwise we won't accept your application."
Y/N looked at the clock

It was 10:30.
'SHIT!'
Y/N shot up his bed and instantly scarmbled into his closet, he still was on the phone line paniking as the ride to the training camp is almost 30 mins long so he had to be Quick.
"Yeah yeah sure! I'll be on my way!"
Y/N said as enthusiastically as he could.
"Okay, hope to see you soon."
Kinjou said hanging up.
"Crap, crap, crap-"
"CRAP!!"
Y/N repeatidly said running across the room putting on a plain yellow shirt, with a striped jacket.
Y/N wouldn't have been so painked normally but he learned that being a manger pays off a lot of credit in your school work and Y/N himself was NOT gonna pass these exams so the credit would help him so much in barely passing and being a manger also meant more freetime. The job was perfect for him... at least in theory.
Y/N ran down the streets of his house, over to the bus stop. He opened his phone.
It was already 10:40
Y/N was lucky enough that a bus came by in 5 minutes.
"Why the fuck am I so paniked?"
He asked himself.
5 minutes passed and a bus arrived.
"Oh great!"
He said as he jumped onto the bus sitting down.
Thankfully it was headed towards the training camp so he was able to get there as fast as he could.
10:55
It was 10:55 now, he was there, he thanked the lord above for this quick ride. He instantly got out and ran off to the camp.
He got in and was greeted by a skinny and tall guy, with Green hair.
"Oi, You're Y/N right?"
Y/N sighed as he stood straight.
"Yes!"
"Good Nice to meet you, You're just in time."
The man said smiling. Y/N looked at there phone and it was 10:59
Jackpot.
Y/N walked along with the Man to the area where the cyclers were doing some rounds around the path.
There was no sign of Onoda though, But....
"OI MAKISHIMA!!!"
Naruko yelled.
"Uh, what now?"
The man with green hair said.
"Could you gimme some water?!"
Naruko said. Y/N assumed the man's name must be Makishima. Makishima sighed as he yelled over behind him.
"Sugimoto, Grab the team some water please!"
A man with parted bangs nodded and grabbed two handfuls of bottles to give to the team.
Y/N looked around and noticed a board with the names of all the team members and right next to it the kilometers they've rode.
"Why do you have that board?"
Y/N asked.
"Ah, It's for recording the progress of the team and who'll enter the interhigh this year, the people who reach 5000 kms within the 5 day limit, can only enter."
Makishima said as they finally reached the table where Kinjou and the big guy Tadakoro that Y/N saw when he encountered Naruko yesterday.
Naruko was also there, though mad, ignored Y/N.
"Hello! Thank you for calling me here!" Y/N said bowing down.
"Hello, Nice to meet you too Y/N L/N."
Kinjou replied.
"We noticed you helped Onoda with a new bike yesterday."
Kinjou said in a rather angered tone.
"Yes, i noticed that his bike had heavy wheels and that this bike would suit his style more."
Y/N replied back.
"Well we don't need it."
Y/N paused for  moment.
'Did i- DID I SCREW UP?!'
"You see, The first years were given a challenge of not being able to work with specific items, like for example Onoda."
Kinjou said, Y/N screwed the freak up didn't he?
"Onoda had bigger wheels so that it would be harder for him to do climbs, i wanted him to improve on it without the thin wheels."
"I understand, I'll be taking the bike, I assume that's why you called me."
"Yes."
Y/N looked down. 'Damn it I screwed up again!'
He started to turn around to get the bike when Makishima stopped him.
"Oi, Kinjou didn't tell you to leave yet." He said snickering.
"As I was saying, that was one of the reasons i called you. The second is, that you're gonna be the new manger."
Y/N's eyes actually lit up with happiness, he didn't know why but he felt validated.
"Thank you so much!"
Kinjou smiled.
"You have a great sense with bikes, have you rode one before competitively?"
Kinjou asked.
"Never did, my dad does marathons on em sometimes so I guess I just learned a bit from watching him." Y/N said shrugging.
"Well We actually have a few things for you to do but before that, let's introduce you to everyone." Makishima said.
Y/N nodded, as he stood in the middle, Kinjou got up and stood along with him.
"Everyone, get back to the lobby!"
A minute passed when everyone was gathered up.
"This is Y/N L/N the new manger."
Kinjou announced.
Y/N noticed Naruko, Imaizumi and Onoda but he didn't recognize the blond guy with no eyebrows, the guy with curly hair and finally the guy with parted hair.
"I look forward to working with y'all!" Y/N said bowing down.
"Thanks for joining us!"
The team yelled back.
"Why don't you all introduce yourselves to Y/N?"
Tadakoro said patting Y/N's back.
The guy with the parted hair came up and shook hands with Y/N.
"My name's Sugimoto, I'm a second year!" Y/N tried to be nice as he was approached so suddenly by him.
"O-Oh! Hey! Nice to see yo-"
"You can ask me for anything, I'll be glad to help!"
Y/N nervously laughed.
"Sure sure! I'll ask when i need any help thanks." Naruko and Imaizumi were up next. Y/N wanted badly to make a smug remark as both of them were just releasing a dangerous and angry aura.
"Nice to see you two..."
Y/N said putting his hand forward but both of them didn't shake his hand.
"I see you're mad at me aren't you?"
Y/N asked smiling passive aggressively.
"Yes."
Both of them replied.
"Well I'm working with you now so I hope I don't get the responsibility to baby sit you." Y/N said smiling back as the blond guy and the guy with curly hair approached Y/N.
"Hey! Nice to see you!"
The guy with curly hair said, distracting Y/N from the two mad guys right behind him.
"Oh nice to see you too!"
Y/N replied.
"I'm Teshima Junta, you can call me Junta though and he's Aoyagi!"
Aoyagi nodded as he stood back.
"Nice to see you Aoyagi and Junta! I hope that I can assist you as much as I can."
Y/N said grinning.
Y/N and the duo talked for a bit though Aoyagi didn't really say anything except for one or two "Hm."s
Finally Onoda and Y/N met again. Y/N approached Onoda who was really exhausted.
"Oh Y/N!"
"Hey shrimp."
Y/N replied back as he sat down next to Onoda on the pavement.
"I better make this quick cause Kinjou and the two other dudes are waiting for me but..."
Y/N paused for a moment and like the tsundere he is said in a mumble.
"Thanks for helpin me with this."
Onoda laughed and gave him a big grin.
"No problem Y/N! I'm happy you're here to work along with us."
Y/N snickered as well and heard Makishima call for him from the inside of the hotel like area.
"Well i should be going.
See you soon Sakamichi."
Y/N wlaked away to the enterence, Onoda had gotten up and was ready to cycle again.
He was finally at the 2000km mark, he couldn't bare to lose his streak right now.
-------------------------------------------