6. First mission

Kinjou and the others waited for Y/N inside the building, they were seated in the dinner room they had.
"Ah I'm here!"
Y/N said as he walked to the table the third years were seated at.
"Great, hope you liked the team."
Y/N sat down next to Kinjou and opposite to Tadakoro and Makishima.
"Yeah I did, They were nice."
Y/N said.
"Well anyways, you called me in for a duty right?"
Kinjou cleared his throat.
"Yes, we have a task for you to finish within the three days we have."
Y/N nodded and sat in anticipation for what his task would be.
"We want you to show up at 7am daily for three days to help with setting everything up in the morning and stay till 4pm to make sure that the bikes are fine, we'll give you the supplies and anything you need but we wanna make sure that the interhigh run this year goes smoothly without any broken bikes or injuries before it."
Y/N nodded and said as he put his head down.
"I'll make sure this team wins the inter high this year." The three men looked at him in surprise.
"You can count on me." Y/N said smiling and putting his head back up.
"I'm liking this guy, what was that bean talking about? "
Y/N forgot he also had to work with those two angry guys now.
"Oh almost forgot, please fix your relationship with those two."
Makishima said.
"Those two are the ones who'll help us achieve the interhigh goal, we need you to gain their trust."
Y/N sighed, he knew that he would have to get along with them but something just wanted to just annoy them.
"I'm sorry if that caused you any problems, I'll make sure to make up with them."
Kinjou smiles and gets up.
"Today, you'll be the water boy. Since it seems like there haven't been any injuries or broken bikes."
Y/N nodded as he follwed the three of them back outside.
He went over to the water cooler area, filling up some bottles of water and putting them in the cooler. He must admit, nothing interesting is really happening, it was pretty normal.
The thirds years had also joined in on their bikes.
Y/N noticed the third years interesting relationship with the first years and how they got along, he couldn't even hear them but he able to tell a bit about each ot their relationships. Naruko and Tadakoro were competitive and were like a big brother and little brother duo. Kinjou and Imaizumi, were more calm and Kinjou seemed to be leading Imaizumi as he went along. Imaizumi did still shine through a lot, even without gears he was able to pass Kinjou quite a bit.
And lastly Makishima and Onoda, Y/N didn't lik the two of them together a lot, they seemed really awkward together, as much as they seemed like a sweet duo, it was a really one sided relationship with Onoda following along with Makishima. It may be a motivator for Onoda and Makishima did help him but Onoda won't have Makishima forever.
Y/N had gotten lost in analyzing that she didn't notice Sugimoto tapping his shoulder.
"AHHH!"
Y/N shrieked in shock, startling Sugi as well.
"Sorry sorry, i was just asking for some water!"
Y/N shook his head.
"Don't scare me like that dude!" Y/N said giving him a bottle from the mini fridge they had available.
"Sorry and thank you!" Sugimoto said. Y/N sat down on the floor sighing. Suhimoto noticed that Y/N seemed a bit upset for some reason.
"Hey did something happen?" He asked.
"It's nothing, can't i relax?"
Y/N replied.
"You can but mske sure you don't doze off like that! Its lazy."
Sugimoto said as he walked away back to his bike.
" I'll make sure to be more aware next time jeez."
Y/N said. Sugimoto left off with his broken form of cycling. He had only now reached 400km and as much as Y/N wanted to help Sugimoto, he knew that he wasn't the main focus for who's gonna enter the interhigh this year. He knew that the third years and first years are who were important for the races as the third years made sure to challenge the first years abilities and not the secodn Years. But on the other hand, Y/N saw an opportunity arise with Sugimoto. Kinjou finished his 10th round at around 1pm, Y/N decided to approach Kinjou with his idea.
"Kinjou."
He said as he went over to him with a bottle of water in hand.
Kinjou got up from his bike and sat down on the side walk.
"Yeah? Anything wrong?"
"No but I wanted to give an idea."
Y/N replied to Kinjou's question.
"I'm listening."
Y/N told him about the idea,
Kinjou sighed as Y/N finished talking.
"Sugimoto won't make it to the 5000 km mark were hoping for, we don't need unnecessary addons in the race."
"No no, you didn't understand me. I know he won't reach your expectations but I know something which can benfit the others, all I need is him and sometime."
Y/N said. Kinjou got up putting his glasses back on.
"Fine, I'll give you 24 hours."
Y/N did a silent yes as Kinjou called for Sugimoto.
"Oi! Tadakoro, could you bring Y/N to the bicycle repairing area."
Y/N met up with Sugimoto again, this time with his bike and and a repairing center. Tadakoro stood there as Kinjou made sure that Y/N wouldn't let Sugimoto become to over powered.
"Okay, Sugimoto! Gimme your bike."
Sugimoto though confused gave it to him.
"Um sure, why do you need it?"
He asked.
"Okay, I'll be allowing you to cheat a bit for this but hear me out, It's for the team's benefit."
Y/N saiding popping the tires out and putting in much tinner wheels.
"Sure! Just tell me what i need to do."
"I need you to pass all the first years tommorow no matter what, make sure to make pass them as much as you can." Y/N said.
Sugimoto was a bit surprised but nodded exceietidly.
"S-sure!"
Tadakoro watched from the side and though he wasn't sure about this, he decided to support Y/N in whatever he's trying to do.
-------------------------------------------