Leaving for love - (Mumbo x Hels)(Mumbo x Wels)

Set in season eight

"Come onnnnn!"

"No, Hels. I have to go mining for materials. My mega base isn't going to build itself."

The knight let out a long, exaggerated groan, though Mumbo simply rolled his eyes. He buttoned up his Hawaiian shirt, the redstoner quickly taking a comb to brush through his knotted hair. Hels let out another loud sigh, clearly trying to get his boyfriend's attention.

They had met at the beginning of the season, Hels having an immediate interest in the mustached hermit due to his fire-starting habits. The knight fell in love the moment he watched Mumbo set a herd of cows on fire.

It was odd, especially since Mumbo had to hide Hels from Xisuma and Wels, but otherwise, their relationship seemed almost perfect. The knight was clingy and cruel, while Mumbo was trusting and kind. Somehow, opposites really did attract.

"Can't you take one break? I haven't hung out with you in weeks!"

"Oh please, it's only been a few days." Mumbo smiled with a roll of his eyes.

"Yeah, well it felt like weeks. Unlike you, I can't go out and have fun with the hermits. I'm stuck in here until Xisuma and Wels stop looking for me."

"And that should be any day now." Mumbo said as he turned to his boyfriend, giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. "You'll be safe once my mega base is at least halfway done. I swear, no more hiding once my base is ready. Just wait a bit longer, 'kay?"

"Fine.. but only 'cause I love you." He admitted quietly, the knight's response making Mumbo grin happily.

"Perfect! I'll be home later tonight. Stay out of trouble, alright?"

"I'm gonna wreck your base!" He yelled as Mumbo flew out of the base, the mustached hermit unsure if he was joking or not.

The knight's helmet rested on the nightstand beside the bed, his weapons and armor resting in the chest that sat on the shelf.

He didn't feel motivated to do much, Mumbo was basically his whole life now. Not that Hels was complaining about that, in fact he loved it. The Brit was much more chaotic than he seemed, which the alter loved about his boyfriend.

Hels opened the drawer in the bedside table, digging through Mumbo's blueprints and redstone plans, before pulling out an unopened bottle of rum.

He sat back onto on the bed, leaning his back against the camper van wall as the knight unscrewed the top of the bottle of alcohol. Mumbo didn't drink, but Hels had managed to sneak a few bottles of liquor into his base.

The knight barely noticed that he was halfway through the bottle, Hels beginning to slightly sing one of the dumb sea shanties that Wels liked.

"Soon may the Wellerman come to bring us sugar and tea and rum—" He mumbled underneath his breath, Hels taking another long swig of alcohol before continuing.

He sung for what felt like hours, staring up at the ceiling with nothing but a few drunken thoughts that passed through his head every so often. Hels glanced at the alarm clock on the bedside table, frowning as he noticed that barely an hour had passed.

The knight stood up, stumbling towards the window to look for Mumbo. He didn't spot the redstoner, instead, Hels managed to catch a glimpse of Wels and Xisuma, clearly looking for something.

"Oh sh.." The alter trailed off, quickly ducking beneath the window to prevent the two hermits from seeing him.

Wels and Xisuma shared a look with one another, the knight giving the Brit a slight nod. The knight opened his elytra, flying into the camper van. When he entered the empty vehicle, Wels quietly crept through the darkness, glancing around for his alter.