Corrupted (Ex x Iskall)

Set in season eight

It had only been a few days since season eight had started, but Iskall was already enjoying themself.

Sharing a base with Etho was probably the best decision they had ever made, it would make things interesting all season long! The two hermits already had a temporary base built into one of the gigantic mountains found in the shattered savanna, neither having a plan for what the future of their base held.

Iskall didn't mind, however. They were fine with going along with anything that Etho had planned, so it was likely to be a calm season for the both of them.

In the meantime, however, the Swede kept themself busy. In one hand they held a block of oak wood, while the other held an iron dagger used the carve and shape the timber. It was a small hobby that Iskall had picked up while working on their omega tree, but it always gave them inspiration. Carving woodland creatures, mobs, plant life, shaping the wood was simply relaxing.

They chuckled lightly while finishing the final details on a little bird statue that they had carved, Iskall setting down the wooden sculpture in front of the azalea tree in the center of the storage room.

Smiling with pride, the Swede admired their work. Sure, it wasn't the best, the bird even looked a bit derpy if Iskall were to speak honestly. But, what did it matter? They were definitely improving upon their carving skills, and it make them laugh a bit each time they spot the wooden bird.

Turning to the chest labeled 'wooden items', the redstoner opened the storage box in hopes of finding their next project. "Huh," the Swede frowned, noticing that there was not a single piece of wood left.

'Oh well,' Iskall shrugged. 'I'll just go out and gather more, Etho could probably use it in the future.'

Grabbing their iron axe, the Swede walked to the nether portal with a leather satchel slung over their shoulder. 'Spruce would be nice..' They thought while wandering through the nether, 'It would look great with the base. Oak too. I wonder what Eth—'

Their thoughts were suddenly interrupted, as a Iskall was suddenly rammed by some force that knocked them to the ground. "Watch where you're going!" A voice snapped at them in a cruel tone, the Swede rubbing the side of their head as they tried to make out the figure who they had ran into.

It looked like...Xisuma? Similar to when he was Stride-suma, his suit was red. Though, he wore a regular helmet that wasn't the derpy strider that Iskall had seen previously.

"Oh, I'm sorry, X!" The Swede apologized while standing up, offering 'Xisuma' their hand to help the admin to his feet. However, the man in red armor slapped it away with a groan of annoyance.

"Can't you see I have someplace to be?!" He asked, slightly raising his voice at Iskall. "I don't have time to talk to idiots like you!"

"That's a bit harsh, don't you think?"

"Just get out of my way." 'Xisuma' growled while shoving past the redstoner, storming off down the nether tunnel.

The Swede frowned, that was a bit odd. Maybe he wasn't feeling too well, or he could have just been in a bad mood, it was understandable. Iskall was about to head off to gather wood, when a red glimmer managed to catch their attention.

They bent down, lifting up the crystal off the ground. It looked like a shard, like it had broken off of a larger gemstone. Not just that, but it seemed to glow. It radiated with some kind of strange energy, which sent a tingle through Iskall as they held the crystal.

'Did Xisuma drop this?' They thought, glancing down the tunnel that the admin had disappeared down. 'Maybe I should return it—'

Iskall suddenly dropped the gem, slightly groaning in pain as they placed a hand on the side of their head. Some kind of sharp pain had unexpectedly shot through their head, so powerful that the Swede couldn't help but flinch in pain.