Family Dinner

If you haven't watched Cleo/Etho's perspective in Limited Life, this will make no sense.

There was a knock on the door.

A knock that she had been dreading.

"Why hello, darling." Etho said with a voice of silk, pulling out a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. He was a well dressed man, a wearing a dark suit and fedora, his snowy white hair hidden underneath his hat. Cleo's pale face heated up with a light blush, though it might have been from the fact that she looked as though she was about to explode from anger. She snatched the flowers from her ex-husband, clutching them hard enough to turn her knuckles white. He smirked in a way that looked smug, as if he had won her back in some way, before strolling past the redhead.

Taking off his fedora, Etho ran his gloved hand through his snowy-white hair. "My, something smells good. Must be dinner." He said casually, placing his hat on the coat rack by the front door. Cleo walked past him, giving a slight hum without looking her former partner in the eyes. She walked over to a waste bin in the kitchen, dropping the bouquet in the trash.

"A little harsh, don't you think?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. His ex-wife stayed silent.

The pitter-patter of footsteps echoed through the house, Bdubs rushing down the stairs with a wide grin across his face. "Dad!" He exclaimed with a huge grin, an adorable gap between his front two teeth.

"Hey kiddo!" Etho laughed, bending down onto one knee with his arms open. Bdubs ran into his father's embrace, quickly being scooped up. "How's my favorite kid doing?"

"I lost a toof!" He said with a whistle as he spoke, giving a large smile to show off the missing tooth.

"Wowie, and you've gotten so big!"

"Uh-huh. And strong." Bdubs smiled proudly, his father rustling his hair with a laugh.

"Most definitely. Now, where's that brother of yours?" Etho asked as he set the young boy down, glancing around for his other child.

Scar was watching from the steps of the stairs, his feet tapping against the floor as he slowly walked down to meet his father. "Hi dad." The slightly older brother greeted rather nervously, clinging to the railing of the stairs.

"What are you doing over there? Come and give your dad a hug!"

"Etho." Cleo shot a glare at the father, "He doesn't owe you a hug."

"Oh please, he loves me. Isn't that right, Scat?"

"I-it's Scar—"

"Yeah, yeah." Etho waved his hand to dismiss the young child, walking over to his ex-wife in the kitchen. "My, this all looks so delicious. You're just as wonderful at cooking as I remember."

Cleo glanced over her shoulder, her eyes tired as she gave a warm smile to her children. "Boys, go and wash up please."

"Okay mom!" Scar smiled, grabbing his brothers hand before running off to the bathroom. Her smile quickly shifted into a frown, her eyes shooting an icy glare towards Etho.

"Don't act so friendly." She scoffed, turning back to the dinner over the stove. "You and I are over. The only reason you're here is to make Bdubs happy."

"Awe, come on." Etho cooed, wrapping his arms around the redhead from behind. "You miss me, don't you?"

"You better get your hands off me before I smack you with this pan." Cleo growled, causing her ex to pull away.