The void welcomes all (PLATONIC Ex and Xisuma)

Platonic brothers oneshot because yes
Also I'm working on requests I swear

Set in season eight

"Hello again, my axolotl friend."

Ex relaxed lazily on his throne, with piles of diamonds and DerpCoin surrounding him. His brother was doing so well, earning all this profit, just for him. Of course, Xisuma didn't mind. With all the brainwashing that the evil hermit had been doing, the admin was completely at his mercy.

Dropping an armful of diamonds into the ever-increasing pile, he glanced up at his brother, Xisuma's mindless smile and vacant eyes never fading. "All the payments that your shop has earned, the DerpCoin has been making more and more diamonds lately!"

"Yes, yes, but not enough." Ex said, standing up while studying a premium DerpCoin in the palm of his hand. The evil hermit smiled, dropping it into the pile as he turned towards his brother.

"We need more sales, and to do that, we need to expand our corrup— erm... Influence. Yes, our influence."

Standing blankly and obligingly, the admin didn't seem to catch the slip up in Ex's words. "Of course!" He blinked, the admin snapping back to attention as he heard his new commands.

"Perfect." Ex chuckled, handing Xisuma two light blue shulker boxes. "Hurry up and deliver these boxes of DerpCoin to the boatem village, make sure the shops accept DerpCoin as a form of currency."

"I haven't visited the boatem village before, I'll go right away!"

As his brother rushed out the door to fulfill his latest task, the evil hermit turned back to his throne, a smile creeping across his face behind his helmet. It was wonderful to have someone so willing to serve him, why hadn't Ex brainwashed Xisuma years ago?

If all of the hermits were this easy to control, it should be a breeze to take over the remainder of the server. Ex was taking his time with it all, however, he still wasn't sure if his brother was truly underneath his power.

Yawning, the evil hermit trudged up the steps to his throne. Brainwashing and manipulating his brother was hard work, which Ex hated, but it had to be done. At least Xisuma was doing all the building and physical work, which the admin's brother hated even more.

He shut his eyes, Ex having no need to fight his feelings of exhaustion. All he had to do was wait until his brother finished delivering the DerpCoins, so a shot nap wouldn't hurt..

Stepping into boatem, a feeling of dread and misery shot though Xisuma's body, something he hadn't felt for so long. He dropped the shulker boxes of DerpCoins, stumbling backwards as a headache began to overtake his thoughts.

'N-no..' The admin thought, struggling to steady his quivering legs. 'No, this can't be. No one can break through the bedrock in the overworld, no one should be able to expose the void!'

All of Ex's commands had been washed away within an instant, replaced by nothing but panic and horror in Xisuma's mind. He leaned against the obsidian of the nether portal, struggling to catch his breath as his chest began to tighten.

Dizziness began to ensue, as well as his vision beginning to turn blurry. He fought against it all he could, but the admin struggled to remain conscious. Something was pulling at his mind, trying to smother all thoughts and resistance.

Falling to his knees, it became more and more difficult to breathe. Xisuma knew that he needed to run, but his legs wouldn't listen. The void was trickling into his mind, breaking away the mind control that had been engraved into his thoughts.