Maniac (Iskall x Stress)

Set in season eight

"So, you really don't love me?"

Iskall was a bit shocked at the question. They were dating Etho, they had been since the beginning of the season! Everyone knew that? So why had Stress tried to confess her love to the Swede? Especially while they were on a date with their boyfriend!

"Stress, I'm dating Etho. I'm really sorry, but I really love him." Iskall said as they reached for the Canadian's hand, shining a happy grin at Etho before planting a kiss on his cheek.

The brunette crumpled up the love letter in her hands, shoving the handwritten note into her pocket. "O-of course!" She mustered up a smile, though Iskall could spot the tears forming at the edges of her eyes.

Before Iskall could try to assure her, she flew off, back to her base and out of sight. The Swedish hermit frowned, locking eyes with their snowy-haired boyfriend.

"I-I don't know why she would do that. I'm sorry, Etho." Iskall remarked as they sat down on the picnic blanket, leaning their head against the Canadian's shoulder.

"It's cause you're so irresistible," he chuckled carelessly, jokingly punching his partner's shoulder. Iskall let out a weak laugh, but they couldn't help but feel bad. It's not that often that one of your best friends admits that they've been in love with you.

The Swede glanced up at the night sky, the stars above glistening as the chipping of crickets managed to soothe Iskall's nerves. Before long, their worries slipped away, as they relaxed against their boyfriend's shoulder.

As Stress flew back to her ravine base, hot tears streamed down her cheeks, what did Etho have that she didn't? This wasn't right! Iskall was supposed to be with her!

She stormed into her base, heading back into a secret room her bedroom, a wall of photos along with things that belonged to Iskall. Old hoodies, strands of hair, anything that the brunette could get her hands on.

Stress stared at the bulletin board that hung on the wall, her eyes burning with rage as she studied each of the photos carefully. They were all of Iskall, the brunette had collected them over the seasons. In a fit of rage, she ripped every photo off the board.

"STUPID ETHO!" She cried, ripping up the more recent photos of Iskall, all of which had Etho in them. "HE'S TAKING ME AWAY FROM MY LOVE!"

After taking a few breaths to relax herself, Stress bent down, lifting a photo of Iskall off the ground before planting a kiss onto the picture.

"Awe, I can't be mad at you, though. You're too perfect, Iskall. You don't know it yet, but we're in love! And Etho won't keep us apart!"

She reached into a chest, pulling out a few special potions that she had brewed. Tucking them away into her inventory, Stress then grabbed the handle of a knife, grinning as she stared at her reflection.

Iskall was going to be all hers!

"Etho, I'm home!" Iskall called as they stepped out of the nether portal, yawning as they trudged into their base. After spending most of the day building a guardian farm, they were drained. The Swede really just wanted to cuddle.