15. New Territory

A/N: I've realized the chapter title of the last chapter is a bit misleading.. And it is definitely not the end just yet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gao Seng came over for a visit with Va and Tina one weekend. All of us girls were piled into Chia and Sophie’s room. Even Kaelyn was over. Bee was staying far away from all the girls, and Gabe was hiding in his own room.

“There’s something different about you, Luna,” Gao Seng noted, “What happened to you?”

We were having a casual conversation, and somehow it turned to me. Kaelyn was showing some videos to Tina and Va, but they all focused on me when Gao Send started her questioning.

“What?” I looked at all of them, “There’s nothing. Nothing happened.”

“I have to agree with Gao Seng. Bee is my brother, but something happened. You guys act differently around each other now.”

“No, no. No. Do you really think so?” I scrunched up my nose in curiousity. Had I changed that much since that night?

“Something IS going on between you two!” Sophie said loudly.

“Keep it down will you,” I shushed Sophie, “He’s right down the hall!”

“Oh right, yeah. Sorry about that. Tell us!” Sophie continued.

“Yeah, Tell us what is going on?” Gao Seng joined in. They all came closer to me, expecting a story.

I sighed and blushed at the memory. “We kissed.”

“That’s it?” Gao Seng said as if she was disappointed by what she heard.

“Are you serious?” Chia said.

“There may have been more..” I shrugged, unwilling to give everything away.

“Just say it already. It’s not we keep anything secret between us. Did you guys have sex?” Gao  Seng said exasperated.

“Kind of, not really,” I said scrunching my face again. “We never got that far...”

“Foreplay was as far as you guys went?” Gao Seng said, throwing her hand in the air. “Finally you are doing something. Is it going to take another year for you guys to have sex though? When will you ever have a child?”

“Yeah, that is all we did. I don’t want to move that fast, and he’s okay with it. But I really don’t think thinking about children already is necessary. Bee is still in school. And he knows I’m not ready yet. How about you? When are you going to have kids?”

Now Gao Seng was smiling.

“She’s pregnant!” Sophie yelled.

“You’re pregnant?” I asked her.

Gao Seng’s smile only grew wider and she nodded.

I smiled too, but on my insides I felt something else. My younger sister was pregnant. For a while now Gao Seng and her husband had been trying, but I never thought it would be this soon. Would people expect me to have any children? Even after Bee’s older brother having kids, would his parents expect me to give Bee any kids? We’ve stepped into a new territory, one that still scares me, and now another problem arises.

“Congrats, Gao Seng,” I tell my sister. “This is wonderful news.”

“Thank you. But honestly we have time to talk about me and the baby. Tell us about you and Bee. What happened?”

“Nothing. I rather not talk about me and my relationships. It’s already as strange as it gets.”

“Fine. It’s not like you won’t be writing about it anyway,” Gao Seng said.