09. Too Easily, In Love

Was it possible to like Bee at this point?

I barely knew the man. Other than the fact that he was now my husband, he took me by force, and it took him a month to apologize. I wanted to be angry at him. He ruined my life. He made me a fool in front of my family. He selfishly acted on his own wishes without thinking of what it would mean to those involved. Everything he had done so far should have made me hate and despise the man. Worse of all was how he was gone all the time, leaving me to deal with his family.

But then he would go and do some of the weirdest things that confused me. He continued to write silly notes to me every morning, even when I was mad at him, even when I knew we were going to wake up together. He would pretend to be asleep, till I had finish reading the note and stuck it in my book, before waking up. He would read my stories and talked to me about what he liked, and what made him curious. He would take me to the store for new books and even buy them. He had a way of calming me when I knew that he was home and about to sleep for the night.

I wasn't supposed to like him because of his flaws. His flaws hurt and demoralized me. I wanted to tell myself that I could not like him because of these reasons. But despite his flaws, he had qualities about him overpowering the bad. Even through his flaws, I only saw his good.

Admitting it to others would be easy. But admitting it to myself first, that would be the hardest thing I had to do in this relationship.

Sitting on the desk chair, I swiveled it towards Bee's shelf. Going straight to the book I took out every day, I pull it out of its place. Harry Potter, the first novel. I chose it for the fact that it was the only fiction novel he had out of all the doctor books he had. I had my own Harry Potter editions, but this one was the one I looked at the most.

Stored inside the pages were history. Not just of my childhood growing up to reading Harry Potter, but my history of being here in this new environment. From the very morning I woke up and had to sit through the fact of being married.

"Luna, I hope you know you kicked me last night while sleeping. Will it be something I have to get used to? -Bee"

The very first note he wrote, I still blushed at the thought of it. Flipping the page I continued to read on.

"I was told that macaroons tasted good? I'm not sure, I've never tried one. I'm gonna pick some up later for us to try it. - Bee"

True to his words, he did bring some home. Having never tried any myself, I wasn't sure what to expect, but the tiny cakes were amazing. I smiled at the memory. Bee had come home with a box of the treats, and while the family was excited at the yummy treats he had brought for them, I hung back. When he finished passing them around to his parents and siblings, he brought me to the room to give me my share of the treats.

Continuing on in the book, I stopped at another memory.

"A colleague of mine recommended me this book. I think you will like it a lot. -Bee"

On the desk laid a brand new book. "Brain on Fire" by Susannah Cahalan. I read the book in one sitting. I couldn't put it down, and it sat on my shelf by the end of the night. I loved the story.

The next night, while getting ready for sleep, I asked him, "Would you still be with me if I had health issues?"

"Yes," he said without hesitation.

"Not even a 'what kind of issue?' or a 'how serious are we talking about?'"

"Nope," Bee said, as he continued, "It would hurt me though. But not in the way you think. It would hurt to know that you are going through something like that. I would want to be there to make sure you are getting the best care. Even if I wanted to run away, I don't think I could."