23. Dream Is Too Real

"What is going on, Luna? Talk to me. Tell me what is happening?" Bee screamed out of the earpiece.

"Gabe," I finally get out, "Gabe is here. He wants me to leave with him."

"Arrghh," Bee screamed, "Damnit. Where are you? Are you safe?"

"I'm in the bed. I locked the door, but I'm not sure how long that is going to hold."

"Find something to protect yourself. I'm coming. Don't you dare open that door for anybody but me, do you hear me? Luna?"

"Okay, okay, Bee. I know. Hurry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luna," Gabe said through the door, "Why are you doing this? I thought we had an agreement. You know how much I love you. I would never do anything to hurt you. Come on now. Open up this door."

I had pushed a drawer in front of the door and sat against the farthest wall. In my hand was a pocket knife. The pocket knife was Bee's, and I remembered that he kept it in a drawer of his weird trinkets. As weird as I thought his whole mess was, I was glad to remember it.

Gabe was still turning the knob of the door as if I was going to unlock it any minute. Ten minutes had passed since talking to Bee, and I was starting to worry. How much longer was I going to have to wait?

"Damn, Luna. Do you really have to do this? Open this fucken door. We need to leave now."

He was slamming and kicking the door now. 

I wished I could have done something, but I was no hero in some fairy tale. All I could do was wait. And waiting made me feel so useless. Was this all my life came to? Trying to have a peaceful day, and feeling useless when it gets ruined. 

My head was folded into my arms, hoping I could just hide from everything going on around me. It was then when I heard cars pulling up to our house. The windows in my bedroom faced our backyard, and even if I wanted to confirm who it was, I couldn't. I was still just waiting.

There was now a commotion in the house. Falls of feet could be heard running up the stairs.

"What do you think you are doing here Gabe?" the first voice said. I knew that voice. It was familiar.

"Tou? Chee? What are you guys doing here?" Gabe said to them.  Bee's two eldest brothers were here.

"Dude, you have to leave. You can't do this."

"Get off of me man," Gabe yelled back at his brother, "You don't get it. I love her, damn it."

"Gabe, get it into your thick brain, Luna is married to Bee. You can't have her." 

"But she doesn't even love him. Because of some stupid promise, only because of that is she with him. She doesn't want this. She wants to be free."

"Have you even asked her?"

"No, but I don't need to hear it from her to know. I get her, more than you guys or Bee would ever do."

"Shut up!" Another voice yelled, his more distant. I knew who it was though. 

"Bee?" I whispered to myself.

"Gabe, you better get your ass out of my house!" Bee yelled, "If Toua and Fue weren't holding me down, you would be dead."

"Where do you think you are going?" Tou said. It sounded as if they were all moving to a different part of the house now. 

As much as I wanted to go and give them my input, I didn't have the power to even move out of my position.