Welcome to Class 1A

I shyly slid open the classroom door. It was 7:55, over half an hour before class started. I thought I would be the first one here, but I was wrong.

"Hello! I am Tenya Iida, it is nice to meet you!" I heard this young man shout from inside the classroom. I jumped, surprised because I heard him before I saw him.

"Oh, um, hello. I'm Jun Asai, it's nice to meet you as well..." I gripped my bag on my shoulder and scanned the boy. He was tall, standing around 180 cm and had a slim but rather muscular build. His deep, almost black-blue hair brushed the tops of his wire-framed glasses. His uniform was pressed, his buttons were polished, and he held his hand flat and stiff to gesture with.

"Did I startle you? I sincerely apologize!"

"Oh, it's okay! I startle easily. Uh, do we have assigned seats? Do you know?" I tried not to stumble over my words. I was standing in front of the classroom door. If he wasn't wearing the same uniform as me, I would think he was a teacher purely by the way he carried himself.

"Excuse me!" A soft feminine voice said behind me. I turned and stepped out of the way, letting the pink-skinned girl into the room.

"Hello! I'm Tenya Iida!" Is this guy gonna introduce himself to everyone as they come into the room? "To answer your question, Asai, none of our desks are labeled, so I would say sit where you feel the most comfortable and our instructor will adjust accordingly!"

"I'm Mina Ashido!" The pink skinned girl grinned and threw her bag in the second seat of the first column. Iida was standing in the far back corner of the classroom, I'm assuming so he could see the door better. Ashido stood 159 cm, with yellow horns sticking up out of her messy pink hair. All the unnatural colors considered, what stood out to me the most was her eyes. The parts of her eyes that were supposed to be white her pitch black. "I know I don't look like most other people. Guess it's just another fun thing about me!"

Oh god, I'm staring. Crap. This is weird. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to stare, that was rude of me, I'm so sor-"

"Haha! It's fine! I promise. I'm not offended!" Her smile brightened and I breathed a sign of relief. "What quirks do you two have?"

"My quirk is called Engine! I have engines built into my calves for speed." Iida chimed proudly, and pulled up the leg of his slacks to show us his engine.

I walked to the last column of seats and placed my bag in the first row. "My quirk is pyrokinesis. I can't produce fire, but if I make contact with a flame I can control it. I'm also fireproof up to 1000* Celsius."

"I'm Ejirou Kirishima! My quirk is Hardening! I can harden any part of my body!" We all look up to see the newest edition to the party standing at the door. His tall muscular build, his red hair, my stomach tied in a knot before I could help it. I felt the color drain out of my face. All I could see was my dad.

"Excuse me? Miss? Are you okay?" The red haired boy was closer now and speaking to me. Three more students had come into the room. Ashido was standing next to me waving her hand in front of my face. "You sorta zoned out, we thought you were having a seizure or something!"

"S-Sorry, I'm okay! Just a little caught in my thoughts." I wasn't gonna let this boys appearance get this best of me. He couldn't control it but I could control how it affected me. My father has no right to any space in my thoughts.

I walked over to the back of the first row with Iida and Ashido, listening to them talk about their schools and quirks. We sat with two young ladies, called Uraraka and Asui (though Asui insists on being called "Tsu").

As kids slowly started filtering in, I remembered... Kacchan?

Did his arrogant attitude land him in a failing position? Surely not, I SAW him take out more robots than I did. But I also got rescue points, with an attitude like that I doubt he got many of those. I suppose his practical exam results don't matter if he didn't pass the written exam though. Or maybe he passed both and is simply in a different class than me? Lets hope that's the case because he seems like the type to hold a grudge and I dont wanna be the one that finds out if he does or not especially with the temper tantrum he threw when I sorta stole his fire without permission so how about we just-

"I said get out of the way, loser!" he barked at Kirishima, pushing past him, almost on cue. He stomped over to the last column, and as I looked at him horrified, he plopped down in the second seat.

I guess I'm just the luckiest girl in the whole wide world, aren't I?