Fitness Test Results

I stood anxiously amongst the other members of class 1-A. We had all given each test our best shot. But one of us had to go.

You could hear the heartbeat of each student nearly stop when the results were displayed before us. We all frantically scanned for our names, almost all at once sighing in relief as we found ourselves high enough up on the charts. 16th place. I could do so much better than that. What got into me?

     Once we found our names, silence fell as curiosity over took and all eyes darted to the bottom of the list. 20th place. Midoriya Izuku.

     "By the way, I was lying. No one is getting expelled. It was a rational deception to ensure you took this seriously!"

     "What?!" The entire class exclaimed at once. We didn't know what to feel, relief or betrayal. Poor Midoriya started crying.

"Suck it up you damned nerd." Bakugo grumbled under his breath at midoriya. Of course he has something mean to say. I'm growing less and less tolerable of him... how could he be so angry?

     The whole glass let out the breath they had been holding. We dispersed back to class, Midoriya to the nurses office for a broken finger. Odd, it was as if his quirk broke his body.  Most kids get out of that phase of self injury within a month or so of developing their quirk.

Oh well, on to English class, I suppose...