Villians Win Sometimes

I fought back my tears and stayed frozen, the capture tape in my hands.

How could they win? How could I let them win? It was all my fault! I fell down further onto my hands as the tears welled in my eyes. I tried so hard!

"Asai! Are you okay?" Ojiro and Kirishima both shouted as they ran to me. Kirishima put his hands under my arms and lifted my trembling body from from behind me, I was stood facing Ojiro.

"Are you hurt? Can you stand?" Kirishima was speaking behind my ear but all I could hear was ringing.

"I'm not hurt you guys. I can stand. Thank you." Kirishima let go of me and as all my weight fell to my knees, they popped and began to hurt from me wrestling.

I bowed my head. "Ojiro, I'm sorry. The loss was my fault... if I hadn't-"

"It's fine! Please, don't worry about it! You were great!" Ojiros bright smile and voice reached me and I let out the breath I had been holding. We all heard All Mights voice over the loud speaker.

"Return to the viewing room and let's discuss this battle! And if someone could release young Sero, please!"

"...release... Sero? What did you two do to him"
Kirishima was puzzled and worried.

"It wasn't me! I didn't even touch him!" Ojiro laughed.

I nervously rubbed the back of my neck and chuckled. "Well, uh... I heard you two say you wanted a two on one.. and he is.. out of commission... I'll go untie him."

We all started downstairs, avoiding the tape traps until on the second floor we came across Sero.

He was asleep. I poked him on the face. "Hey, the match is over. Are you okay?"

He started awake and fell over. "AhhHH" he struggled on his side like a turtle that got turned over. As Ojiro and Kirishima laughed, I made a solid, touchable pair of scissors from my fire and cut the tape off of him.

"I'm sorry for being so... intense." I spoke softly and a little bit ashamed.

"I know I don't wanna be a villain against you." He muttered back as he stretched his shoulders out. "You were scary!" I chuckled and helped him up.

We continued down the hall, avoiding Sero's tape traps.

"Well, young heros! Everyone put up a good fight. You kept us on the edge of our seats!" All mights booming voice filled the room where all of us stood. "It was a fair fight, with no serious injuries." All eyes turned to Bakugo who scoffed.

Yeah, we aren't gonna talk about that one.

"Class one A, what do you have to say to your peers?"

"You were fantastic, Ojiro!"

"Sero, I can't believe you came up with that tape trap strategy!"

"Kirishima, you're so strong!"

"Asai is so quick!"

All the voices of the class came at us from different directions.

"Asai," Ojiro put his hand on my shoulder. "I thought you weren't good at close-combat?"

I blushed and chuckled. "I never said I wasn't good... I said I wasn't experienced. I don't know what came over me, my body just moved."

"And that's great! The mark of a hero, is when one's heart makes their legs move!" All Might spoke and everyone went quiet. "What do you 4 have to say about your battle?"

"I was amazed by Sero and Kirishima's strategy. Asai mentioned they might do it, but I didn't think they would pull it off so well. They really took the few weaknesses they have already seen into account, and based their strategy on that. That's what real villains do out the field. They know everything about the hero's strengths and weaknesses from TV, then can plan accordingly. Heros have to go in blind and have confidence in their skill set. They have to know that they can handle what is thrown at them." Ojiro really had a way with words, didn't he?

"Sure, we had a strong strategy to begin with, but you two took that out flat! If Asai didn't stumble, i would've had no chance. I thought for sure she was gonna tape me. I know I have to work on adapting when my strategies go wrong, we really didn't have a second plan in place. I had a different idea than Sero, but after he mentioned his I didn't bother bringing it up. Maybe if I spoke up about it we could've combined them." Kirishima played with the burns on his hands. He may have had a different strategy, but they still won.

"I went in thinking I knew what was about to go down. I agree with Kirishima, I need to work on having a plan B in place. After our original plan of trapping them both went out, I was off my game. And Asai is scary when she's in her zone. I would hate to be on the receiving end of that again." Sero's face went red and he looked at me for just a split second, flashing his toothy grin at me.

"But, we shouldn't have lost..." my voice trailed off as I looked for the right words. "Hero's aren't supposed to lose. If I had been faster, we would have won. Even if I got us ahead at the beginning, it was my pause that slowed us down."

"Heros lose sometimes, young Asai." All Might clapped me on the back and I jolted forward a bit with the force. "That's the real world. Heros faulter, and lose battles every day. That's why there are so many of us, there's always going to be someone to pick up the slack. However, you are young. With that considered, all pros would be amazed seeing you and Ojiro on out on the field." He took a deep breath and turned his attention to the class. "That goes for all of you. If a pro saw Kirishimas strength, Sero's strategy. If a pro saw Jiros scouting, or Yoyorozu's witt, they would all be amazed. I personally am amazed."

Every face in the class beamed at his comments. He's number one not only for his strength, but for his moral and ability to light a fire in others.

"Kirishima, are you alright? Really, your face and arms are burnt." I looked down at his singed hands "I uh... I didn't think you'd try to run through it. I didn't turn down the heat."

"Haha, I'm fine! I hardened so it just hurt the first layer of skin, nothing recovery girl can't patch up!" His voice was wincing as his singed face smiled.

"Okay class, next up is..."