Taped Up

We heard the inaudible mumbling directly above us

We couldn't understand what he was saying...

"This is no good, Kirishima!" Sero spoke into his ear piece. "They're going through the tape trap, in the right direction too! I can hear their footsteps!"

"It's fine! Asai is so jumpy, surprise her and knock her off her feet! Take care of her and she will tell Ojiro to keep going! I'll get Ojiro when he gets here, then you'll join and it'll be a two on one!"

"A two on one fight... that's not very manly, is it?" Sero's toothy grin flashed and he chuckled.

After a long pause and some sputtering, Kirishima managed "Hey! You don't get to tell me what's manly! It's manly because you have to be two on one too! And you're gonna take her out in a fair way!"

"Starling her isn't really fair..."

"Shut up!"

As we climbed the stairs, we heard the last sentence clear as day.

Startling her isn't really fair...

They're gonna startle me? Kirishima really thinks I'm just that jumpy, huh... he's got another thing coming.

"Step carefully... we don't know where Sero is..." I spoke to Ojiro in the softest tone I could

"What about Kirishima?" Ojiro whispered back, a step ahead of me. "And why do you have that?" He turned his head and noticed I was carrying a long piece of tape, wrapped around my hand so it's like it's in a spool.

"...don't mind it." I lit my lighter against my clear palm. "we only heard one voice, so he was talking on his ear piece. Keep moving. One of them is here somewhere... and the voice was too high pitched to be Kirishima. And he besides, wouldn't they leave the close combat as a last defense with the weapon? Seros tape was first, so it makes sense Sero would take us out before we get the chance! And Kirishimas short range hardening is defensive, not good for a surprise-"

"YOURE TOO CHATTY!" Sero yelled and jumped out of the shadows of a hall as we passed. He thinks I'm that jumpy?

Maybe he's right. But it's the way I jumped that mattered.

I flashed the flame I held in my hand in his face to throw him off, then sprung out of the way. He overshot and face planted into the opposing wall. As he passed me I spun and drove my knee into the base of his back. He cried out in pain and something in me twisted.

I didn't like this. But it can't be helped.

"Ojiro! Go! Run! Find Kirishima and the weapon, I'll find you both soon!"

Ojiro took off down the hall. Sero started to get up.

Breathe, Jun. His quirk is for ranged fights. Block him in.

I used my fire to mimic his tape maze.

He stood up, swaying and off balance. His helmet was broken on the ground. He was facing the fire maze down the hall, like he was trying to figure out what to do.

"Sero? How is it down there? I heard a loud crash" I could hear Kirishima loudly in Seros now exposed ear piece.

"Ojiro is coming your way... Im still trying to-"

"Sero? Sero what did you say? Youre still trying to what? Sero!"

I had my hand clamped over Sero's mouth. with my spool of tape I made, I quickly taped it closed. Then started wrapping up his torso as he struggled and grunted. 

I pulled his elbows in first, that's what I was worried most about. I spun him and in less than a second his upper half was in a cocoon. I could see him panic when he was facing me, I spun him around to look at the fire.

"Sit down peacefully, or be pushed forward. Choose." I stated clearly and sternly.

Sero struggled for another moment and then hung his head. He crouched down.

"I said sit. I want you cross legged. Elbows against the wall." I felt so mean speaking like this. But, I am a hero speaking to a villian. He followed my instructions. I pulled the tape off his mouth. "Where is the weapon? What is your plan?"

Sero sat silently, I watched him grit his teeth. He stared intently at me, but deep behind those eyes was nervousness.

The fire maze I had set up went out. I relit the fire in my palm and put sparks in his face, trying to intimidate, trying to think like Bakugo.

"Speak, villain. Or say goodbye to your pretty tape dispensers. I'll melt your cellophane and block it all up. Oh, won't that hurt? Or will your pride hurt more when you lose?"

"Mr All Might? Don't you think you should stop her, she's going to hurt him!" Iida flattened his hand at the screen. "Her actions are not befitting of a hero!"

"No, young Iida. Sometimes even a hero cannot be polite. Besides. I was watching her at the entry exam. She has the second most rescue points, right behind young Midoriya. She has shown a hero's heart!" All Might spoke in a booming tone, then lowered it and scratched the back of his head "though, she's being quite agressive, I didn't think she had it in her... I'm a little freaked out just watching."

"Thank you Sero, for the information. Oh, and," I knelt down and wrapped the capture tape All Might gave us around his torso. "You're out."

"Man!" Sero groaned and leaned his head back against the wall.

I started towards the forth floor. I hope Ojiro is doing okay.