Don't Ask Me Questions I Can't Answer

"Hey, Asai!" As I was two steps from the door of the classroom I heard his booming voice "Your quirk is so similar to that Bakugo guy, are you two relat-"

I jumped back out of surprise and ended up crashing into him, falling right to the ground and looking up.

Kirishima? Don't look him in the eye don't look him in the eye

"Wow, I figured you were jumpy but I'm surprised! Are you okay?" he extended his hand, but I couldn't grab it, I couldn't move my body. Not with him standing over me like that. Something in me turned, and I couldn't help my reaction.

I averted my eyes, and raised myself on my own. "I'm so sorry, yes I am jumpy but are you okay? I didn't mean to crash into you like that, I just..."

His hand was still extended and he lowered it. Though I wasn't looking at his face, I knew he was giving me a funny look. I didn't blame him, I'm sure I came across as rude. I just, can't explain it to him.

"I'm okay, I'm more worried about you... did you hit your head? Do you... do that a lot? Startling and falling over?"

Don't ask me questions that I can't answer, Kirishima...

"Yeah! I was just born jumpy, I guess! What were you asking?" We wandered into the classroom and over to my seat. Bakugo was already sat behind me.

"Oh... yeah! Well, the explosion you used to shoot yourself across the dash track! It just looked exactly like..."

We both turned at the same time to look at Bakugo. There was practically smoke coming out of his ears.

"You stole my quirk... you copied me... you damn extra..."

"No, no relation. Just... luck?" an awkward, half afraid smile crept across my face. Kirishima had the ability to shuffle away, I did not.

"Luck?" Bakugo began "LUCK? I'll crush you, you little two toned bug! You're lucky to be sitting by me! I'm better than you in every way!"

"Calm down, little listeners!"

I took a deep breath as our next teacher shuffled into the classroom, and everyone took their places.

I think Present Mic saved me, really.