Head Start

Me and Ojiro against Sero and Kirishima.

How do I always end up is that situations? Is fate truly just cruel? Have teachers already picked up my anxieties and are pushing my limits? What IS this??

I take three nice deep breaths. That's what my grandmother taught me to do. I payed attention to how the air felt entering my lungs.

"Okay, tell me all about your quirk."

Ojiro pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at him, in his white gi, with his tail draped around and over his shoulder. Blonde hair, blue eyes. He looked truly... normal. Well, other than, you know, the tail.

"Well, my quirk is called pyrokenisis." I pulled a butane lighter out of a pocket in my black gi (funny, we had similar costumes), and lit it again my palm, holding the flame. "I cannot create fire, but once I have contact with it, I can control it. I can change the size and shape, mostly." while holding it in my hand, I created a small heart, then made a large circle, raised it up a little ways, then shrunk it down and put it back in my palm. "If I have enough focus I can even make it solid, and touchable for other people, but that takes a lot out of me and depending on the source can deplete my control. The length of time I can control it depends on the source..." we both watch as the circle of flame in my hand slowly disappeared. "Butane is the weakest, at about 30-60 seconds of control. I'm working on that..."

"Why don't you use another source?" He asked, still staring at my palm

"Oh! I do, I just... I ran out of strike anywhere matches... I normally strike them on the ground as I run..." I looked down at my still outstretched palm, hearing my own voice trail off. I lowered my hand and cleared my throat "but I can do with butane for now. What about your quirk? What do you do? Is it just..."

"Yeah, it's just a tail." Ojiros words worked their way through an awkward laugh. "Strategy now. What do you think they're gonna do?"

"Well, with Seros tape... I imagine they're gonna set traps to get us before we can find the weapon. Either that, or they're gonna have Kirishima engage us long enough for sero to capture us. I really think that they are going to use his quirk to the fullest of his abilities. If I can distract him long enough for you to get to the weapon... youd have to take care of Kirishima though"

"We got a really good matchup" Ojiro was playing with the fur on the end of his tail, staring off, like he was deep in thought. "One ranged fighter and one close combat fighter on each team. As far as you and Sero go you can probably also do close combat, right?"

"I don't know, honestly. I've never done close range combat. I think I would be more comfortable staying at a range if thats possible."

"I just wonder, if it would be better to do me and sero and you and Kirishima, that way I can keep Sero separated entirely and no one would be caught in the crossfire of two ranged quirks."

"Lets just... see who comes at us first... either way we have a good chance" I scratched at the back of my neck and the head start time ran out. As we both stepped through the door, we walked carefully and quietly. "You walk ahead, if they engage you directly I can either have your back at a range, or engage the other if both comes out."

Ojiro silently nodded and took two steps in front of me. as soon as we turned the corner..

"AKK!" Ojiro let out a loud, half gasp half yell, as he tripped and face planted into the hard tile floor.

"Oh my, are you okay??" I helped him up and we looked where he tripped.

A piece of white tape about two inches off the ground.

A trap. I knew it.

"Asai... that's not all of them..."

I looked up and ahead in the hall, the further down, the denser it got. Tape in all directions, like a sticky maze.

Think, Jun, think! "Surely we can go another way..." I look around a few corners and it's the same thing. Tape traps.

Ojiro raised to his feet "can't go over, can't go under and can't go around..."

"So we have to go through."