Fitness test

We were all terrified.

     I mean, could you blame us? One of us was going to get expelled! There was absolutely no denying that, it was a fact. Now it was going to be a dogfight to place 19th or above.

    Kirishima stepped up to the plate. My breath caught in my throat looking at the spiked red hair, but I swallowed it like a hard rubber ball. He had no control over my triggers. What silly sort of girl are you, Jun?

     Hardening his arm like a catapult, he swung the ball into air so far I lost sight of it. Every one, everyone except Bakugo, took in a sharp breath of anxiety. We were all doubting ourselves.

     How could I use my quirk here? Could I use it like Bakugo's blast? Maybe make a bat and hit it? I don't want to burn up the ball.

     Next was Ashido. A fire engine-like stream of white acid shot the ball forward 200 meters.

     I swallowed that hard rubber ball of breath again as my name was called. I walked up to the circle. Out of my pocket I pulled my book of matches

     "Asai, is that a support item?" Mr Aizawa asked from behind me. I could feel his scowl, and turning around I was correct.

     "I cannot produce flames by myself. I have to contact them from an outside source to utilize my quirk," I gulped and opened my mouth to proceed, but was cut off.

     "That book of matches is a support item. Put it away and ask a fellow classmate for help. Surely someone has a flame quirk that can help you. If not, you will have to fight this battle quirkless."

    I scanned the crowd of 19 students. My eyes locked on him, on "katchan". His red eyes narrowed, in a way that said youre shit out of luck, extra.

     "Here. I can help." Rang a low, smooth voice from the group. Forward stepped a average sized, slim boy with such a unique appearance it struck me. One half of his hair was white, the other half red. One eye a stormy grey, one eye bright blue. And over the blue eye a deep, red mark. A scar perhaps?

     Oh crap, I'm staring again

     I walked forward uncertainly and watched as the young man produced fire on his left hand, his red side. That's interesting, isn't it? Red to match the fire. I gently touched his hand and took the flame.

     "Thank you, so much." I said softly, and returned to my circle. I was so embarrassed, called on the carpet on the first day, in the first hour...

     Well, get on with it.

     I took a deep breath. I held the ball with my fingers, as to not smother the flame within my palm. Then, winding up like a softball player, I launched the ball. I had no clue what to do, so I nestled the ball in a cup of fire to carry it.

     But then, I lost my concentration. This terrible fear of failure washed over me. This terrible idea of returning home by noon today, telling my grandmother I didn't make her proud.

    The ball fell with a thud. I felt sick. I turned and looked at my teacher with an expectant look.

     358 meters

     I took a deep breath. Relief washed over me. I switched my flame to my left side, my non-dominant side, and returned to the class. I stood next to the half and half boy.

     "Rough start, huh?" He said, as a massively tall, heavy set boy stepped up. We watched as he downed a container of something, flexed, and then launched that ball into OBLIVION.

     "Yeah, I guess you can say that. Thank you so much for helping me." I looked at my dirty white shoes next to his new looking, sleek white trainers. Nearly as white as his hair.

     "It's no trouble. I don't use my fire anyways."

     You don't use your fire?? But... that's your quirk, how are you in a hero school and you don't use your fire?

     It didn't make sense, but I guess it didn't have to.

     We watched as one by one, the students threw the ball. I didn't pay as much attention as I should've, I was so focused on what this boy had said to me. If not fire, What does he use?

     I was pulled from my thoughts as we all were shuffled away from the softball throw area as we shuffled ourselves to the 50 meter dash.

I stood two people behind the half and half boy, and next to a boy with a huge smile plastered on his face. He stood a few centimeters taller than me, with messy yellow hair and a black stripe

I watched as two by two, students stepped up to the start line. Iida was first, against Ashido. Ashido slid the 50 meters on her acid, but with engines in his calves, she was no match for Iida.

Two by two, we went. I still had half and half's fire in my hand. How could I do this?

Then it was his turn. I needed to see his quirk in action. But if he doesn't use his fire, how will he-

He started skating on a thin layer of ice he produced from his left side. This boy has two quirk, holy crap.

It was me and the yellow haired boys turn. I put fire in both my hands, turned my palms behind me and shot myself clear across the track.

4.3 seconds!

I wasn't off to a bad start after all.