✧Chapter 23 - Beck Falls For Tori

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

"Just tell us where the girl is

"Just tell us where the girl is." André recites his line on the stage, leaning against the wall behind Cat.

"I told you, I don't know." Beck argues again.

Cat stares at him for a moment before sighing, "Okay, if you don't know, you don't know." She shrugs. Beck huffs out a breath and leans back at the chair. Next thing we know, Cat slaps him loudly. She grabs his collar and pulls him, "Now, do you know?!" She yells at him. Whoa, this just got good.

"Hey, man, get your partner off of me!" Beck shouts at André, trying to push Cat away.

"You better tell her what she wants to know." André replies simply, looking away from Beck and eating his candy.

"You got three seconds to talk." Cat warns Beck.

"I- I don't- I-" Beck starts stammering out, but was cut off by Cat slapping him again. He yells in pain before giving in, "She's in my basement." He cries out, "She's in my basement." He slides off the chair and down to the ground.

"Boring." I hear Sikowitz comment from the back of the classroom and I turn around to see him rolling his eyes.

"That was boring?" André asks him, looking offended.

Sikowitz kicks his legs off the chair and stands up, "Yeah, it was all to predictable. There were no, ahhh, surprises." He elaborates, walking over to them.

"I enjoyed the slapping." Jade points out, smiling innocently. André and Beck roll their eyes at her.

"See, entertainment is so much more entertaining, when the characters do things the audience doesn't expect." Sikowitz explains to us all.

"I don't get what you're trying to say here." Robbie tells him, frowning in confusion.

"You've bewildered everybody." Rex comments, which escalates the chatter in class. Everyone starts voicing their confusions loudly and murmuring in agreement.

"All right, okay, maybe I'm wrong." Sikowitz shushes us all, "Let's move on to something else." He walks up the stage and claps his hands, signaling for André, Cat, and Beck to go back to their seats. "Let's talk about our hopes and dreams. Tori." He stops his feet and points dramatically at her.

"Sikowitz." Tori mimics his actions and points back at him.

"What is your biggest hope and/or dream?" He questions, sitting down at the edge of the stage as he looks like an excited kid.

"Uh," Tori thinks about it for a while and I lean my head on Ana's shoulder, dozing off, "probably to be a pop star, a really successful singer." She answers, smiling nervously. Suddenly, Sikowitz starts laughing very loudly. Tori laughs along with him in confusion before asking, "What?"

"Oh, well, maybe you could sing at weddings," He wheezes in between laughter, "for the hearing impaired." He adds, laughing again.

I lift my head off Ana's shoulder and stares at him in surprise, "Holy shit." I choke out a laugh, sharing looks with everybody else in class. I'm sorry, I feel bad for her, I do. But his laughter is contagious.