New Buyers (KF)

Kelly's age- 28
y/n's age- 10
For this one shot Rosie is also 10 not 7.
TW: slight mention of verbal and physical abuse.
Summary: there are new owners of the zoo and your nervous and frightened as the previous owners abused you and your mum before being taken away by police. So meeting the new owners starts to worry you.
——————————————————————————
A few weeks ago your mum broke the news to you that there was new owners moving in today. You were very scared as the previous owners abused you and your mum and you didn't want that to happen to you both again.

You're mum didn't know you were nervous as she's being to focused on the zoo making sure it's ready for the new owner to move in.

It was around 7:30am when your mum Kelly quietly walked into your room kneeling down besides your bed stroking your hair slowly waking you up.

"Hey baby it's time to wake up." Kelly says watching her daughter slowly sit up from her bed rubbing her eyes looking up at her mum.

"Morning mama"you say falling into your mums arms hugging her tightly.

"Morning baby can you get ready for me as it's a very busy day and I need your help with the zoo."Kelly says grabbing your 'work' clothes out your wardrobe.

"Sure mama" you say getting up from your bed grabbing your clothes from your mums hands walking into your bathroom to get showered and changed.

When you've finished getting ready you walk out the bathroom seeing your mum sat on the bed holding a hair brush and hair bands waiting for you.

You walk over and sit on the bed talking to your mum about the new book you've been reading as Kelly puts your long caramel coloured hair into two french plaits/braids.

"Finished!"kelly says pulling a mirror behind your head so you can see.

"I love it thank you mama!"you say turning around hugging your mum before she kisses you on the head standing up as the both of you head downstairs to the kitchen.

"Now baby mama's going to start cleaning the tiger enclosure so when you've finished your breakfast can you come down and meet me there please?"kelly asks you whilst you sit on a chair by the table eating your pancakes kelly made you.

"Yes mama"you say with your mouth full causing kelly to giggle at you.

"Ok see you soon baby" kelly kisses your head before heading out of the door heading to the tiger enclosure.

Around 30 minutes later you walk into the tiger enclosure seeing your mum just finishing cleaning so you tell her you'll wait outside on a bench near by.

A few minutes later kelly walks over to you taking a seat beside you.

Your both sat in silence for around 3 minutes before you decide to speak up about the new owners arrival.

"Mama can I ask you something?"you say looking into your mums eyes.

"Of course baby. What is it?"kelly asks turning her attention to you.

Your about to answer her but you can't seem to find the words, so your just sat there as tears start to pour out your eyes.

"Hey,hey,hey what's up sweetheart?"kelly says carefully lifting you into her lap stroking your back as your cry's start to calm down.

A few minutes later you bring your head out from Kelly's neck and look into her eyes before you start talking.

"Are the new owners like the last ones?"you whisper so quietly that kelly only just hears it.

Kelly heart breaks for you seeing you so vulnerable asking her this. She knew Benjamin would abuse the both of you and just wants you to know that AB's not be scared.

"Oh honey of course not. I've met Benjamin the new owner and his kids. They're lovely and would never hurt us." Kelly says pulling you into a hug.

"But that's what you said last time."you say playing with your mums short blonde curly hair.

"I know I did but this time I promise they won't say any mean things to you."Kelly says stoking your hair.

You slowly lift your head up out of Kelly's neck again making eye contact with each other.

"And I promise I won't let them hurt you."you say sticking your pinky finger out waiting for your mum to return the gesture.

Kelly links her pinky with yours.

"Now let's go to the Jaguar they'll be here soon." Kelly says taking you off her lap standing up before linking both of your hands together.

Around an hour later you and Kelly walk out of the Jaguar to be met with the Benjamin and his kids along with the all the staff at the zoo. Your hiding in the side of Kelly the whole time still very nervous despite what your mum said earlier.

For around 45 minutes you just listen to your mums and Benjamin's conversation before you and Kelly head off home for the day.

Time skip
A few weeks of Benjamin and the kids being at the zoo you've learnt you can trust them so you have started talking to them more. And you have a new best friend Rosie who's the same age as you. You have started to notice your mum and Benjamin hang out more even after work hours. It remind you of how your mum and dad used to be before he filled for a divorce and left you and your mum.

You decided to ask your mum about her feeling for Benjamin tonight at dinner.

It was around 6:30pm and you and Kelly were sat eating dinner in silence before you speak up.

"Mama are you in love with Benjamin?"you ask cashing your mum to gasp and drop her fork onto her plate.

"No! Why would you even think that?"Kelly says in a high pitched voice clearly lying to you.

"Come on mama I'm not stupid you've acted all lovey dovey with him for weeks now like you did with dad when I was little."you say before taking a big sigh lolling at your mum who has a sympathetic look on her face.

"Ok do you want me to be honest with you?"kelly says standing up taking a seat directly next to you.

"Yes!"you say looking at Kelly waiting for her to carry on.

"Me and Benjamin are seeing each other and I didn't want to tell you in case you got upset as you wasn't comfortable being around him yet."Kelly says looking into your eyes.

You stare at your mum in shock just thinking she had feelings for him not actually dating him. But after all he was a nice guy and seemed to make your
mama happy so you just hug your mum.

"That's so cool mama I'm happy for you!"you say hugging your mum tightly.

"Thank you so much baby and I promise I'll tell you the truth and anything you want to know."Kelly says as she starts to clean up your guys's dinner.

After that conversation Kelly and Benjamin decided to move in together officially making you guys a one big happy family.

So much for just 'new owners'.
——————————————————————————
Chapter six re-write complete
This must be the longest chapter yet I just carried away with it.

This is flopping lmao

grace x