Sleepless Nights (NR)

Y/N's age-6
Nat's age-31
Summary- After having a nightmare you cannot get back to sleep so you go to your mama Nat to help you.
——————————————————————————
It's 7:30pm and Nat is taking you upstairs to get you ready for bed. You and Nat are in your bedroom getting you changed into your pyjamas.

"Y/N/N what pyjamas do you want to wear?"natasha asks you whilst walking into your wardrobe.

"My bambi one's please"you say sitting at the edge of your bed.

"Ok baby here you go?"nat says walking out of your wardrobe handing you the pyjamas to change into.

After you change into your pyjamas nat and you head into your bathroom to do your hair. Once you've stood on your stool facing the mirror nat begins to braid your hair for you.

"Done"nat exclaims placing the braid over your shoulder for you to look at.

"I love it!"you squeal hugging your mama.

"Ok let's brush your teeth and get you into bed"nat says tickling your stomach.

"Ok mama"you say picking up your toothbrush brushing your teeth whilst your mama watches you.

After brushing your teeth you go back into your bedroom and climb under your covers passing bay your storybook.

"Seriously y/n not this book again"nat says jokingly.

"It's my favourite!"you say grabbing the book from nat opening it.

"I know I'm only joking detka"nat says before she starts to read your book.

Around 15 minutes later of Nat reading to you,you finally fall asleep so nat quickly finishes the book and heads to her own bedroom to work on mission files.

9:30pm
You've been peacefully sleeping for around 2 hours but all of a sudden you wake up heavily breathing and a pool of sweat. Another nightmare.

You look at your bedside table and see that you don't have any water, so you carefully get out of bed and head downstairs to the kitchen and climb up to the cupboard to grab a glass but are unable to reach.

"Do you need help?"your uncle Tony asks walking into the room.

"Yes please"you ask quietly.

Tony walks over to you taking you into his arms before grabbing you a cup and getting you water.

"Thank you"you say before taking a sip of your drink as Tony places you down on the kitchen side.

"Your welcome y/n but how comes your awake?"tony asks before tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

"I had a nightmare and couldn't get back to sleep"you say looking up into his eyes.

"That's ok,I'll take you up to bed again"Tony says picking you back up again and taking you back to your bedroom.

After Tony puts you to bed making sure your some what settled before he heads to Nat's room knocking on her bedroom door.

"Natasha can I come in?"tony asks from the other side of the door.

"Yes"natasha replies from in the bedroom.

Tony enters Natasha's bedroom and sees her sat by here desk working on mission reports.

"Hi I just wanted to let you know that y/n woke up from a nightmare and came downstairs to get a drink of water."Tony explains to Nat.

"Is she ok now?"nat asks looking up from the paper scattered in front of her.

"Yes I put her back into her bed and I'm sure she's asleep by now"Tony replies seeing Nat relax slightly.

"Ok thank you"nat says to Tony.

"Your welcome have a good night"Tony says before leaving Nat's bedroom.

After Tony put you to bed you toss and turn trying to fall asleep but are unable to. Now crying in frustration as your tired you get out of bed and run to Nat's room knocking on the door.

"Mama"you say slightly crying waiting for nat to answer the door.

Not even 10 seconds later nat opens the door seeing you crying your little heart out.

"Oh baby what's wrong?"nat asks taking you quickly into her arms carrying you over to her bed.

"I had a nightmare and I can't get back to sleep"you cry in frustration.

"Oh it's ok baby. Do you want to sleep with me?"nat asks stroking your hair calmly.

"Yes please mummy"you say whispering into her chest.

"Ok let's get you a quick bath because your all sweaty and then we can sleep."nat says picking you up carrying you to her bathroom.

Nat quickly runs you a small bath and places you in here whilst quickly heading to your room grabbing you a faulty light pair of pyjamas before entering the bathroom that your in.

"Ok baby let's get you dry and dressed"nat says carefully lifting you out of the bathtub and wrapping a towel around you.

Nat quickly drys you off and changed you into your pyjamas before carrying into her bed tucking you in carefully.

"Ok baby mama will be with you in a bit I'm just going to clean up my mission files and get changed"nat explains to you.

"Ok mama"you reply as you snuggle into the duvet waiting for your mama to join you.

Around 10 minutes later Nat's sorted all of her files out and has just got changed into a vest and booty shorts before slipping into bed next to you.

"Goodnight detka sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite"nat says as she brings you into her chest.

"Night mama"you say giggling.

The next morning
You and Nat are laying in bed asleep until you stir awake in Nat's chest.

"Mama wake up"you say shaking nat slightly.

"Hey bubba good morning"nat says as she slowly sits up against the bed.

"Morning mama"you say as you quickly sit on Nat's lap.

"Did you sleep better?"nat asks curiously.

"I did thank you mama"you say kissing her cheek.

"Your welcome baby but no need to thank me. I'm your mama and I'm here to protect and love you"nat explains looking down at her little girl who's falling back asleep in her arms.
—————————————————————————
Chapter fourteen re-write

grace x