Distant (NR)

Y/N's age- 15
Natasha's age-39
Summary-Recently Nat has been distant from her daughter y/n and has become closer to Peter.
——————————————————————————
You used to be really close to your mum but that was until she became and avenger and met Peter and since then they've become close like mother and son.

Nat began to blow of every time you asked to hang out with her by saying 'sorry I'm busy' or ' I need to help Peter with something'. She would help Peter but after that they would just sit around and play video games and watch movies together. It frustrated you as you just wanted a day with Nat and play video games and watch movies.

You just wanted her to be interested in the games you played and not just the ones peter's interested in but she was never bothered.

You also just wanted her to help you with school and she does Peter. He's always getting good grades and you're falling behind in almost every class you attend.

Tuesday Afternoon
School has just finished and your walking home to the compound. When you arrive home you walk towards your mums office before knocking on the door.

"Come in" nat says from inside the room watching you open the door walking over to her.

"Hi mum can I ask you something?"you ask pleadingly.

"Not right now y/n can't you see I'm busy"nat says looking back down at her work.

You leave her office and instead of asking somebody else for help you just head upstairs to your bedroom and throw your homework in the bin and read a book.

Around an hour later you head downstairs to make some dinner for yourself and see your mum helping Peter with some homework. You became visibly annoyed so you just quickly make food and go back upstairs to your bedroom and stay there for the rest of the night.

Wednesday
It's Wednesday afternoon and your sat in class before you get called to the head teachers office as you haven't completed any homework tasks in the last 2 months. Because of this your mum gets called into school to come and collect you.

"Y/N let's go!" nat says marching into the office grabbing your arm walking out of your school.

You both get in the car and Nat drives back to the compound in complete silence.

"Y/N get out" nat says as she pulls up to the compound.

You rush out of the car into the compound living room and Nat storms in behind you.

"What the hell y/n you haven't done any of your homework in the last 2 months!" Nat screams at you.

"I'm sorry"you whisper not making eye contact with Nat.

"No wonder your failing nearly all of your classes!" Nat says before grabbing your chin making you look into her eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm failing all my classes and not doing any of my homework assignments but maybe if you actually helped me when I asked you instead of blowing my off to hang out with Peter!"you scream at her releasing your chin from her hand.

"Y/N I'm so sorry"nat says trying to place her hand on your shoulder.

"No you always blow me off and say your busy or that you need to help Peter with something. I was going to ask you yesterday to help me but you said you were busy and would let me ask you later but when I came downstairs you were sat with Peter helping him. Then every other time your playing video games with him, I always ask you to play with me but you always say you don't like video games so I just got over it." You scream in her face whilst tears running down your face before running upstairs locking yourself in your room.

Nat's stood downstairs in shock before coming back to sense and running upstairs to your room knocking on your door.

"Y/N baby I'm so sorry. I didn't realise what I was doing and I know you won't forgive me just yet and that's ok but I just want to let you know that I'm sorry and I love you."nat says before heading to her room to bed.

The next day
You woke up around 6:30am which was very early for you. You spent some time tossing and turning for some time before deciding to head to your mums room knowing being with her will help you sleep regardless of the distances.

You slowly enter Nat's room seeing her asleep trying not to wake her as it's her day of. But you failed.

"Detka?"nat says sitting up seeing you slip into bed next to her.

"Sorry I woke up early and just wanted you to help me get back to sleep."you say whilst snuggling into her chest.

"Oh darling that's ok we'll talk in the morning about earlier when you wake up. Yeah?"nat says laying back down stroking your hair.

"Ok mama"you say before drifting of to sleep.

Nat didn't sleep for the next 2 hours all she did was watch and admire you whilst you slept in her arms.

You soon wake up at around 9:30am and slowly sit up seeing your mum looking down at you and quickly hug her which she soon returns.

"Thank you mama."you say pulling away from the hug before sitting up beside her.

"That's ok baby. Can we talk now?"nat asks hopefully.

"Sure"you say whilst looking down at your lap.

"Im so sorry baby for what I did,I just got so caught up in work and helping Peter as he's new that I didn't realise I was being distant with you. I know it's not an excuse but I don't know what happened and I hope you can forgive me and we can work on our relationship."nat says before taking a big breath before looking at you for a reaction.

"I forgive you"you say before making eye contact with nat.

"You do?"nat asks hoping she heard you correctly.

"Yes I can't hate you forever your my mama"you say as you fall into Nat's arms.

"I love you detka"nat says kissing your forehead.

"Love you too mama"you reply.
—————————————————————————
Chapter eleven re-write complete

grace x