Alone for the first time (SJ)

Y/N's age-3
Scarlett's age- 33
Colin's age-36
Summary-y/n is sleeping in her own bed for the first time.
——————————————————————————
Tonight was the first night you were going to sleep in your own bed in your room. Scarlett had decided you were to old to still be sleeping in a cot next to Scarlett and Colin.

7:00pm
After dinner Scarlett had carried you upstairs to get you ready for bed but you start being fussy wanting to stay in hers and your dads room.

"Y/N sweetheart you've got to sleep" Scarlett says with you in her arms as she bobs you up and down trying to calm you.

"Mama stay with you"you croak out after crying in her neck.

"I'm sorry sweetheart you've got to stay here"Scarlett states as she frowns at you.

After Scarlett had read you 4 books and cradled you, you finally fell asleep. Scarlett carefully places you down in bed before heading into her and Colin's room.

She walks over to her bed we're Colin is laying reading and snuggles up to him slightly.

"Are you ok?"he asks sympathetically as he begins to stroke her hair.

"It was so much harder to put her to sleep than I thought"Scarlett says sighing slightly as she plays with Colin's fingers anxiously.

"I'm sorry darling she'll get use to it and if it helps we can both put her to bed tomorrow"Colin suggests noticing his wife's anxiousness.

"That sounds nice"Scarlett tiredly states as she stands up heading into her bathroom to change into her pyjamas.

After returning into the bedroom with her pyjamas one which was a pair of shorts and one of Colin's tops before she slips under the covers of their shared bed cuddling up to Colin before they both turn a movie on to watch together.

10:30pm
Scarlett and Colin are still laying in bed now watching their favourite show friends when they hear yelling from the other room. 'Mama I need you' with that Scarlett jumps up from the bed and runs into you room.

Y/N's perspective
You were peacefully sleeping until you woke up suddenly looking around realising your not in your cot in Scarlett and Colin's room but in fact in your 'big girl bed' on your own.

"Mama!"you shout hoping that she'll hear you but no response.

"Mama I need you!"you shout as you begin to cry for her.

Within minutes scarlett bursts open your door quickly switching on your light before rushing to your bed picking you up pulling you into her embrace.

"What's the matter huh?" Scarlett asks as she bobs you up and down as she walks around the room.

"You"you say as you begin sinking your head further into her neck.

"Me! What did I do?"scarlett asks curiously full on knowing what she 'did'.

"I want you mama"you mumble within her neck as you hug her tighter.

"Aww baby did you miss mama?" Scarlett asks as she lifts your head out of her neck so your both making eye contact with each other.

"Yes you weren't here when I need you"you say as you start to play with Scarlett hair twisting it around your finger.

"I'm so sorry baby. Do you want to come and sleep with me and daddy for tonight?" Scarlett asks as she tucks loose strands of your hair behind your ears.

"Yes please"you mumble as you lay your head back down into her neck.

Scarlett walks over to your bed picking up your blanket and bunny lulu before walking back into her and Colin's room with you cradled in her arms. Colin looks over at Scarlett surprised as she has you in her arms.

"She was so upset being alone Colin I couldn't leave her"Scarlett says guiltily as she gets back into bed and tucking you in between her and Colin.

"I know, I understand it's going to be hard but we'll try again tomorrow"Colin explains looking down at you lovingly.

"Yeah"Scarlett agrees as she also looks down at you as you half slept.

"Daddy"you mumble tiredly as you turn over to hug him.

"Hey y/n it's time to sleep now" Colin explains as he stokes your hair softly.

"Ok sleepy time"you mumble as you snuggle up to him wrapped in your blanket and bunny in hand.

Scarlett shifts closer to you and wraps her arm around you and Colin and then you all fall asleep together.

2 months later
It was 7:00pm which means bed time and Scarlett has just finished changing you into your pyjamas before placing you into your bed before your dad walks in also coming to put you to bed.

"All ready for bed then?" Colin asks as he walks over to your bed kneeling down besides it where Scarlett is also knelt.

"Yep"you say as you hand your dad your favourite bed time story ' the tiger who came to tea'.

"That's good, have you done you teeth?"colin questions as he watches Scarlett get up from the ground walking into your bathroom grabbing your reward chart that shows a new sticker representing that your teeth are clean.

"She cleaned them all by herself today"Scarlett proudly states as she once again kneels down besides your bed after putting the reward chart back in its original place.

"Wow good job darling only 2 more stickers until you get a present"Colin explains as watches you nod rapidly.

"Ok story time" Scarlett says as she nudges Colin to begin reading the story.

"Yes story time daddy!"you say eagerly wanting him to read to you.

Shortly after colin began reading to you, you fell asleep holding Scarlett hand which she rubs gently with her thumb.

Colin continues the story until it's finished now 100% your fully asleep before him and Scarlett leave your room to return to their own.
—————————————————————————
Chapter twenty-two re-write
This one is the shortest one yet ahaha

grace x